Expecting delivery of your 1 Series??

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series E81, E82, E87, E88.
Manufactured from 2004 to 2011

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

Ukwill

Re: Expecting delivery of your 1 Series??

Post by Ukwill » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:12 pm

Thanks very much for the heads up! I had a read through the thread you linked to and it sounds great. I'll have to start putting a list together of all the various part numbers - this place is a goldmine of information!

From what i can make of it (thanks to Ian's great post) it looks like I need:
M3 LCA's (plus xenon reg rod,dont bother with TAs)
Koni Sport + Eibach kit with bmwp bumpstops (or koni bumpstops?)
Eibach front ARB

This should be good for fast road with the occasional track day.

I'm amazed at the difference the sport button makes on the n55. In normal auto mode I find it quite laggy. To the point I thought the clutch was slipping. Changed to sport mode and pressed the sport button, and the lag all but went away. The car is clearly crying out for a remap for throttle response especially.

And getting oem dab retrofit is a lot harder than I thought it would be!

I really need to stop thinking about blowing lots of money on this car so soon. That wasn't the plan :lol:

Hardybastard

Post by Hardybastard » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:33 pm

Hello everyone. Brought home my E82 125i from uk to Ireland yesterday - man, what a grueling 24hours. Had some great fun driving through the welsh valleys (purposely choose this route).

Am so happy I made the trip though, absolutely love the car! Plan is to keep it for the next 5 years.

MFactory lsd, Evolve remap and Goodyear Asymmetric 3 are my only remaining plans other than having lots of :lol: in the car (Might consider 130i disk upgrade when changing disks).

Man, I love the compactness of the car, and coupled with the free revving N52 :spotman: ...roll on the good times

UPDATE:

MFactory lsd ordered 2 hours ago :fest:

prfm

Post by prfm » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:25 pm

Hello, picked up my first ever car last Saturday: 2013 E82 118d Sport Plus edition, Space Grey, 313m alloys (which the dealer sprayed Ferric Grey upon request), black Boston leather, dealer also put in new front discs and 4 new run flats. Drove 500 miles down from Scotland to Norwich in it, absolutely lovely! Great car on the motorway and lovely torquey engine. Very happy with it!

Douglas Park BMW are highly recommended! :)

DUNC140

Post by DUNC140 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:52 pm

Please excuse the a question which may be directed to the wrong thread(first post).

I ordered my 140i from stock last Monday, the guys were pushing for an answer as close to the end of the target period and so did a great deal. So after seemingly being rushed I have now heard it is only going to be ready to collect next Monday. So that’s a two week lead time for a car that is in stock but at another dealer.

Does anyone have experience of purchasing from stock and what a reasonable lead time is?

Thanks in advance!

Return to “E81, E82, E87, E88 (2004-2011)”