Washer bottle removal

This section shows how to carry out modifications to your 1 Series. Please remember that if you are modifying your car to take photo's at each step and document the mod in here.
Please read the announcement at the top of the section before posting.

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, babybmwadmin, Lambster

Mattie
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:02 pm

Washer bottle removal

Post by Mattie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:17 pm

Hi All,

Has anyone done this yet as need some tips on how to go about it.
2006 BMW 120d se lowered & 17" It's red
Quality isn't cheap but lasts longer

User avatar
marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 49928
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Omnipresent Post Whore

Re: Washer bottle removal

Post by marco_polo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:20 pm

It lives roughly behind the driver's side repeater.

Driver's front-wheel off, wheel arch off.

It's held on with one nut, slides out.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Mattie
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Washer bottle removal

Post by Mattie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:25 pm

Had a look.
I need to get some new clips to replace the one's I take out any Idear how hard the job is?
2006 BMW 120d se lowered & 17" It's red
Quality isn't cheap but lasts longer

User avatar
marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 49928
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Omnipresent Post Whore

Re: Washer bottle removal

Post by marco_polo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:27 pm

It's only nuts and bolts.

Silly place to hide it though. :(
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Mattie
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Washer bottle removal

Post by Mattie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:35 pm

Thanks I'm trying to save the £150+ vat that BMW charged to unblock it 18 months ago :x :censored:
2006 BMW 120d se lowered & 17" It's red
Quality isn't cheap but lasts longer

User avatar
marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 49928
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Omnipresent Post Whore

Re: Washer bottle removal

Post by marco_polo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:38 pm

Eh?! How come it's blocked again so quickly? Are you using a strong enough concentration?

Is is definitely the bottle that's clogged? :?
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Mattie
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Washer bottle removal

Post by Mattie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:41 pm

Yep all fine just CRAP design :lol:
2006 BMW 120d se lowered & 17" It's red
Quality isn't cheap but lasts longer

User avatar
nabz-2p
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 860
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 6:57 pm

Washer bottle removal

Post by nabz-2p » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:47 pm

I need to do mine too! Argh!
BMW 118d M-Sport EfDy: Exterior Light Package, Interior Ambient Lights, Adaptive Head Lights, Cruise, 013s,147s, EarthQuakes powered by Alpine MRP-M350 *216's once refurbed!*

User avatar
gg8tcw
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:44 pm
Location: UK

Re: Washer bottle removal

Post by gg8tcw » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:00 pm

Mattie wrote:Thanks I'm trying to save the £150+ vat that BMW charged to unblock it 18 months ago :x :censored:

Mattie, which washers are not working? Front, rear or both?
GONE: 2006 5dr 130i M-Sport in Black Sapphire, Black Flashpoint Sensatec, Bluetooth, MTech Sports Suspension, Climate, Facelift Rear Lights, LED Plate lights etc etc. AKA "The Beast" :)

Current: Lunar Grey Jag XKR Conv

View My Baby

N52 Techie
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:27 pm

Washer bottle removal

Post by N52 Techie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:17 pm

I'd remove the side repeater before removing the bottle as well, can sometimes end up getting damaged when removing the bottle!

Mattie
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Washer bottle removal

Post by Mattie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:05 pm

gg8tcw wrote:
Mattie wrote:Thanks I'm trying to save the £150+ vat that BMW charged to unblock it 18 months ago :x :censored:

Mattie, which washers are not working? Front, rear or both?
Both had them working well but when I drained out the washer bottle out I found lot's of back stuff floating.
I was using a 50/50 mix.
2006 BMW 120d se lowered & 17" It's red
Quality isn't cheap but lasts longer

User avatar
Beemoo
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:54 pm
Location: South London

Re: Washer bottle removal

Post by Beemoo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:11 pm

marco_polo wrote:It lives roughly behind the driver's side repeater.

Driver's front-wheel off, wheel arch off.

It's held on with one nut, slides out.
you know everything about the 1 series, you should probably go work in germany manufacturing plant :lol:

rob-the-viking
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:18 pm
Location: England

Re: Washer bottle removal

Post by rob-the-viking » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:07 am

N52 Techie wrote:I'd remove the side repeater before removing the bottle as well, can sometimes end up getting damaged when removing the bottle!
+1

Found this out the hard way when i pulled mine last year. You might need some military grade swearing too iirc.

ftb101
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 868
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:07 am
Location: The flatlands of Lincolnshire

Re: Washer bottle removal

Post by ftb101 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:40 am

rob-the-viking wrote:
N52 Techie wrote:I'd remove the side repeater before removing the bottle as well, can sometimes end up getting damaged when removing the bottle!
+1

Found this out the hard way when i pulled mine last year. You might need some military grade swearing too iirc.
I agree with this! MP makes it sound really simple, which I suppose it is compared with proper mechanicing. However, it is one awkward bugger to get to and spooked me out when I saw the front wing deform as I was wiggling it out of it's hiding spot :shock:
There is a How To somewhere I think.

Edit: Found it here -> http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... bRsSFM5J2Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alpine White E87 123d ///M Sport

N52 Techie
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:27 pm

Washer bottle removal

Post by N52 Techie » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:23 am

ftb101 wrote:
rob-the-viking wrote:
N52 Techie wrote:I'd remove the side repeater before removing the bottle as well, can sometimes end up getting damaged when removing the bottle!
+1

Found this out the hard way when i pulled mine last year. You might need some military grade swearing too iirc.
I agree with this! MP makes it sound really simple, which I suppose it is compared with proper mechanicing. However, it is one awkward bugger to get to and spooked me out when I saw the front wing deform as I was wiggling it out of it's hiding spot :shock:
There is a How To somewhere I think.

Edit: Found it here -> http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... bRsSFM5J2Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yeah there fine to do on a ramp at head height when you know where the guide lugs, fixings, pipe work etc but I bet theyre and absolute ba***rd to do on the floor!

Post Reply

Return to “How To's”