Baby BMW Forum banner

Amazon Music fails to connect

920 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Flat6 
#1 ·
Is anybody else having issues using Amazon Music on their iDrive 6 via Apple Car Play?
It works on my phone and I can usually even see the playlists and songs come up on the iDrive screen, but most of the time when I actually click play, it does the connecting wheel icon, then gives up and says "failed to connect" or something similar.

Any ideas? In a good 4G reception area and it has worked. Once.

#2 ·
Mine is dodgy on iDrive 5. It's a car play/amazon issue IMO, not BMW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Has anybody managed to resolve this?
Amazon Music works fine on my iPhone X, except in the car when it briefly shows all the images (and sometimes even gets as far as playing the track it was last streaming), but then it says "device disconnected" and drops.
I've tried shutting down all other apps, but this one still doesn't stay connected.

Oh and for convenience last night, I thought I'd give Apple Maps another go, but it promptly directed me up a narrow dead end and told me to walk the rest of the journey! :rollseyes:
Utterly, utterly hopeless and a disgrace to Apple.

Google Maps is infinitely better and that's before you take into account its Waze-sourced live traffic, which is invaluable.
Plus, handy hint when you're travelling abroad and don't want to use expensive roaming data: Google Maps allows downloading of an area/town for use offline. Absolutely fantastic when we were in Orlando before Christmas. Downloaded via wifi then used it faultlessly all holiday for free.

#6 ·
Flat6 said:
When I had a connectivity issue with Amazon music it was resolved through connecting via cable, worked fine over Bluetooth ever since.

We are talking about the CarPlay app... are you using it over CarPlay (which uses cable or WiFi), or over media USB/Bluetooth audio streaming ?

#7 ·
josedebardi said:
Flat6 said:
When I had a connectivity issue with Amazon music it was resolved through connecting via cable, worked fine over Bluetooth ever since.

We are talking about the CarPlay app... are you using it over CarPlay (which uses cable or WiFi), or over media USB/Bluetooth audio streaming ?

Ah I missed that, no sorry I just use the Amazon music app via BMW Connected. Works pretty well and can all be controlled via Idrive including cloud music.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.