What would you do?

Start and join discussions that are not related to BMW. Talk about anything that takes your fancy: jokes, cars, music, anything......

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

Tiggstar1
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: What would you do?

Post by Tiggstar1 » Thu May 03, 2018 1:27 am

This happened to me on the M25, traffic slowed down to about 20mph but the woman behind was oblivious and crashed into the back of me. I jumped out as traffic had stopped took quick pictures whilst doing this 2 other cars shouted to me that she was reading a map and drivinga, I then asked her to pull into the hard shoulder as it was safer.
This is when she tried to make off as I indicated into the hard shoulder she tried to make off in the 3rd lane, but watching in my mirrors I saw what she was doing and gave chase, we then came up to traffic again and she decided to pull over after she saw how angry I was.

She didn’t get out the car once, must have been afraid, she didn’t even check the damage on her car
2013 F20, 120d M sport, glacier silver, few extras - Gone
2017 Seat Leon FR

HN1989x
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by HN1989x » Thu May 03, 2018 2:30 pm

Well, looks like it’s going through insurance :(

My insurers have given me the go ahead to have my car repaired immediately as they believe there’s a 100% chance of recovering costs from the other insurance company due to the footage. I actually sent them additional footage of him shouting abuse at me after he hit me, him driving off and me following him through traffic just to get him to stop. I also have footage of him apologising for hitting me!

£1000 to repair and respray the bumper or £1400 to replace the bumper entirely.

The prick has been calling me relentlessly today. He keeps texting me and asking if we could talk. Too late!!!

Sad I’ll have to part with my car for a few days but I’m happy that insurers will be arranging a courtesy car for me. Getting something Enterprise’s exotic car range. Wonder what they will give me considering their minimum age requirement for the cars on their website is 30. :lol:
Tiggstar1 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 1:27 am
This happened to me on the M25, traffic slowed down to about 20mph but the woman behind was oblivious and crashed into the back of me. I jumped out as traffic had stopped took quick pictures whilst doing this 2 other cars shouted to me that she was reading a map and drivinga, I then asked her to pull into the hard shoulder as it was safer.
This is when she tried to make off as I indicated into the hard shoulder she tried to make off in the 3rd lane, but watching in my mirrors I saw what she was doing and gave chase, we then came up to traffic again and she decided to pull over after she saw how angry I was.

She didn’t get out the car once, must have been afraid, she didn’t even check the damage on her car
What happened after? Was it an insurance job or did she settle privately?

Tiggstar1
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Tiggstar1 » Thu May 03, 2018 8:18 pm

HN1989x wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 2:30 pm
Well, looks like it’s going through insurance :(

My insurers have given me the go ahead to have my car repaired immediately as they believe there’s a 100% chance of recovering costs from the other insurance company due to the footage. I actually sent them additional footage of him shouting abuse at me after he hit me, him driving off and me following him through traffic just to get him to stop. I also have footage of him apologising for hitting me!

£1000 to repair and respray the bumper or £1400 to replace the bumper entirely.

The prick has been calling me relentlessly today. He keeps texting me and asking if we could talk. Too late!!!

Sad I’ll have to part with my car for a few days but I’m happy that insurers will be arranging a courtesy car for me. Getting something Enterprise’s exotic car range. Wonder what they will give me considering their minimum age requirement for the cars on their website is 30. :lol:
Tiggstar1 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 1:27 am

What happened after? Was it an insurance job or did she settle privately?

Insurance job, She didn’t put up a fight at all. Was all settled pretty quick, although my insurance did go up by £200 for an non fault accident at renewal
2013 F20, 120d M sport, glacier silver, few extras - Gone
2017 Seat Leon FR

ihadablackdog
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by ihadablackdog » Thu May 03, 2018 8:55 pm

Is it a BMW approved bodyshop do you know?

If they use genuine parts, I'd be hoping for a new bumper (if not genuine, then I'd be tempted to have a repair as an aftermarket one might not fit exactly).

Wonder what he wants to talk about?

Red5

Post by Red5 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:14 pm

Sorry to see this, but well done for following him and stopping. I guess you’re fairly safe in a built up area.
At night in the country would be a different story.

It does make me sick that people do this :(
He tried to make his getaway from you, then changes his tune and blames you, then is desperate to speak to deal with it privately. I have no words to describe this person, that I’d be prepared to type here!

Glad you have the cams :)
Gone
Tasty 130i
Very fast 135i
Volcano Grey Macan SD
Carmine Red Cayman GTS + LSD

Red5 & Semerka's Stable
Midnight Blue Macan Turbo + PTV and more
GT Silver Cayman 718 GTS Manual

(Team Rob)

HN1989x
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by HN1989x » Fri May 04, 2018 10:50 am

ihadablackdog wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:55 pm
Is it a BMW approved bodyshop do you know?

If they use genuine parts, I'd be hoping for a new bumper (if not genuine, then I'd be tempted to have a repair as an aftermarket one might not fit exactly).

Wonder what he wants to talk about?
Yes of course! Only because they offer a lifetime warranty on paint repairs/work.

He wants to see the footage lol. I've blocked him now. :roll:

Red5 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:14 pm
Sorry to see this, but well done for following him and stopping. I guess you’re fairly safe in a built up area.
At night in the country would be a different story.

It does make me sick that people do this :(
He tried to make his getaway from you, then changes his tune and blames you, then is desperate to speak to deal with it privately. I have no words to describe this person, that I’d be prepared to type here!

Glad you have the cams :)
Yep its a bit of a crap situation but I'm very glad I opted to get both front and rear cameras.

With the front camera alone, I don't think I could prove that I wasn't at fault :shock:

Arthur458

Post by Arthur458 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:45 pm

Eu definitivamente seguiria como você fez. Mesmo se eu tivesse um seguro, eu seguiria apenas para deixar tudo claro. E você sabe que um site com melhores artigos cientificos me ajudou uma vez porque eu tive problemas com algumas das partes do seguro. Como eles escreveram tudo que eu precisava em um curto período de tempo. Então eu tenho meu seguro perfeito em nenhum momento.

ihadablackdog

Post by ihadablackdog » Tue May 08, 2018 7:22 pm

Arthur458 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 2:45 pm
Eu definitivamente seguiria como você fez. Mesmo se eu tivesse um seguro, eu seguiria apenas para deixar tudo claro. E você sabe que um site com melhores artigos cientificos me ajudou uma vez porque eu tive problemas com algumas das partes do seguro. Como eles escreveram tudo que eu precisava em um curto período de tempo. Então eu tenho meu seguro perfeito em nenhum momento.
Google Translate:

I would definitely follow as you did. Even if I had insurance, I would just go on to make everything clear. And you know that a site with [url = https: //olatcc.com.br/comprar_artigo_cientifico] [color = # 000000] best scientific articles [/ color] [/ url] helped me once because I had problems with some of the parts of insurance. As they wrote everything I needed in a short amount of time. So I have my perfect insurance in no time.

Genuine post or SPAM?

GMballistic
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by GMballistic » Tue May 08, 2018 9:32 pm

HN1989x wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 10:50 am
He wants to see the footage lol. I've blocked him now. :roll:
Tell him he can watch it on Youtube like everyone else once the insurance companies have sorted out the claim. :lol: :D

Hope it all gets resolved smoothly and the repair's a good one. :wink:
2012 Alpine White F20 M135i

Return to “General Chit Chat (Off Topic)”