Go on introduce yourself...

Start and join discussions that are not related to BMW. Talk about anything that takes your fancy: jokes, cars, music, anything......

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

babybmwadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by babybmwadmin » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:42 pm

I've restarted this post again as the last one was waaaaaay tooooo long :)

As each day passes, new people join the forum.

It would be nice to know who they are, what they do, where they are from, what they currently drive etc.

So, please take a moment to add a reply to this thread introducing yourself.

Thanks

[edit by Admin: old posts deleted as part of a tidy up on April 4th 2012]

Joshua
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Go on introduce yourself...

Post by Joshua » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Hello all!

My names Josh, i'm 19, and i live in-between Salford & Harrogate.

I live in Manchester part time where i'm currently doing a degree in Music Production. (i'm a sound engineer on the side!). I spend 4 days a week in Harrogate, which is where i'm from. I work there currently, i am a partner in my fathers business.

This week i've just bought a 58 reg 118d 3dr M-Sport in black. Fantastic car. My sister has an almost identical model and i drove it for a few weeks over Xmas and fell in love with it. I had an Audi A3 2.0 FSI but got rid as it was costing too much in fuel & mechanical costs!... a word of advice, stay WELL clear from high mileage petrol Audi's!

Anyway, cheers. This forum seems great so far, loads of useful information on it.

Barny

Post by Barny » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:46 pm

Hi there. My name is Barny, I live in Northumberland and I have had for a couple of months now a 116d SE with comfort pack, in a sort of metallic black and on a 59 plate. I traded in my 11 plate Corsa Limited Edition 1.3cdti on a straight swap as I have a 150 mile round trip every day to work, and the Corsa was only giving me 41mpg even though VX's figures say 67mpg combined!!! I expected it to be less than that, but not over 25mpg less!!!! The best could ever squeeze out of a tank of diesel was 45mpg but to do that you couldn't go over 50mph! Seriously lacking a 6th gear basically.

Anyway, a valuable lesson learnt, and I certainly don't regret the change as I am getting over 50mpg consistently and that's with some more spirited driving through the twisties on my way home now that I have a little more power. I came across this forum anyway whilst researching remaps, like everything, you get a little more power . . you enjoy it for a while . . but then you always end up wanting more!!!!!!

This is the first BMW I have had and I am very impressed. I have been through a lot of cars as well, little bit of a petrolhead! Currently also run a 1991 Eunos Roadster, a 1987 Honda Civic GT and a 2008 Vauxhall Naffira 1.8i to run the kids around in, (yawn!!!).

Sweeney!
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Sweeney! » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:50 pm

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. Ive got a BMW 120d coupe, m sport model in white. Absolutely love it. I bought it a few weeks ago but it's been garaged while i sold my integra type r. So I insured it today and really realy like it. It's my first diesel and thought it would be sluggish and under powered but can't fault it. I'm very happy with it. I went for the 120d for economy really and looks. Compared to the Honda it's brilliant on fuel, insurance and tax are also cheaper.

msportmike

Post by msportmike » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:00 pm

I am going to collect my '57 plate 123d M Sport Coupe tomorrow- it is my first BMW and I am beyond excited. Switching from a Civic Type R is obviously a huge change and I hope it is going to be great.

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum and say that it has already been really helpful answering questions in the run up to making my purchase

Cheers,

Mike
123d Coupe M Sport - '57 Le Mans Blue

Fagan

Post by Fagan » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:48 pm

Possibly a bit late seeing as I signed up here a couple of weeks ago but I've only just spotted this thread so I thought I might as well.

I'm Liam from Scotland and after selling my supercharged VX220 and RS Clio 200 I'm looking for something a bit more upmarket. I am on the hunt for a 135i with cash in the bank waiting so hopefully I'll be able to post pictures of one belonging to me sooner rather than later. :)

Floof

Post by Floof » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:34 pm

Hiya, picking up a '57 130 m sport tomorrow so though I'd come say hi. Not planning any / much mods to it as I have another toy that empties the bank account.

Will put up a wee thread in the next few days with pics and stuff. Until then il leave with apic of my 'proper' baby BMW. Because race car.

SedonaCath

Post by SedonaCath » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:52 pm

Hello everyone :)

Just wanted to introduce myself, been having a browse round this forum and after a fairly short hunt bought myself a little Easter present :P ....

A lovely Sedona Red 120d Coupe :spotman:

Traded in our 520d M Sport Touring, which we got before our little one came along... Thought I'd need the space but found I didn't really and wanted something a bit more nimble and fun :wink:

Few pictures below, before my hubby has got to work with the polish and wax :)

Happy Easter and 1 Series driving to all

Cath :)

PS... Private plate will be being removed

Kriminal

Post by Kriminal » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:57 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm Kriminal (by name); currently driving an A3 S-Line Sportback, but looking to trade in for a BMW 1 Series Coupe (120/123D) M Sport, as I absolutely LOVE the look of these cars - not too big, not too small; suits my needs.

I'm in to car Detailing; just spent 3 days with the rotary on the A3 to get it where it should be, so will probably talk quite a lot about keeping 'em clean!

So, as I haven't got my Beemer yet, I guess you could say I'm a stalker!!...mwaaahahaha :wink:

PS. Don't go hating me cuz I'm driving an Audi :D

smiv

Post by smiv » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:05 pm

Ahhh so the trimming of this topic last week explains it all. I was sure I had made a post just before I got my car (mid Feb), and then logged on for the first time since just now and couldn't find it.

Serves me right for taking so long I suppose haha.

Anyway, got my 118d M Sport mid Feb, been busy since then and not had chance to post, so here are a couple of pics.

sh*te pictures from my phone, but you get the idea.

Chappers.
Location: Lincolnshire, NOT the Fenland part....the other populated bit!

Post by Chappers. » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi folks,

I'm Chappers from Lincolnshire. I've just traded an Audi A6 Avant for a 2007 120i SE with all the trimmings in silver so I thought that I had best pop along here and say hello to you all. Although it is more compact than I've been used to, I absolutely love this little 1 series and can't believe I didn't make the move to BMW years ago!

Unfortunately since I picked the car up I haven't been able to prise the keys away from the wife, and it's been raining constantly so the only photo I have is a poor one from my phone, but as soon as a day off coincides with half decent weather I'm hoping to get outside with the wax etc and give it a good going over and take some decent pictures.

'07 120i SE - with lots of extras
'98 Land Rover Discovery - for going places the car won't

justtourin1

Post by justtourin1 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:44 pm

Hi

Just recently registered, looks a great site. I’m in the market for 5 door 130i M sport, so thought here would be a good place to start.

Previously owned a number of BMW’s, but have been away from the marque from a couple of years. Hope to be back in the fold soon.

Regards
Dave

Littlejohno43
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Littlejohno43 » Tue May 08, 2012 4:53 pm

Hi welcome loads of info on here and cars for sale what's your budget and spec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tim931
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by tim931 » Tue May 08, 2012 5:04 pm

Hey guys

Im Tim currently living in germany but am orginally from canada , I drive a 120d hatch coupe that i just got 2 weeks ago, and liking it so far , came from a tuned vw gti so im kinda missin the peppy ness

Love this forum tho tons of interesting stuff that im defs gonns use on my car

Cheers

justtourin1

Post by justtourin1 » Wed May 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Littlejohno43 wrote:Hi welcome loads of info on here and cars for sale what's your budget and spec

Can I ask if there is a ‘Wanted’ area / section ?

The car I’m after is a 5 door 130i M Sport in LMB or black

Must have: Xenons, heated seats & ideally lest than 70k with backed up FSH & a manual gearbox!
Ideally 3 or less owners and factory standard (minimal mods accepted)

Any additional extras are a bonus, but not a requirement.

Looking at spending no more than 9K for the right car

Return to “General Chit Chat (Off Topic)”