JB4 Map 6 with BW Chiptune (Dyno graph added)

BWchiptune is the oldest and 1st BMW tuner to offer tuning to BabyBMW forum members from its earliest days when the forum started. We custom-tune BMW cars in house on our Dyno Dynamics rolling road. With over 30 years of experience on BMW’s servicing & repairs, coding & programming, EWS immobilizer removal, we are the 1st in the UK to refurbish BMW DME & DDE ECUs up to the newest cars. West London’s independent BMW specialist, UB3 1BB, call us on 02085611818 0r 07831103030

Moderators: jason@bwchiptune, Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, babybmwadmin, Lambster

Blind Pugh
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 8140
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:36 am

Re: JB4 Map 6 with BW Chiptune (Dyno graph added)

Post by Blind Pugh » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:47 pm

Matt b wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:25 pm
I have run a good number of modified cars to various states of tune over the years. Key is to really keep on top of the maintenance and care really. Yes the clutch life will be reduced and other parts might wear quicker but that's the balance.

I won't run Map 6 all the time either, will switch between map 2. I do need to address a few things too, like LSD and maybe a few chassis mods but in general it's a nice set up.

Good to know know you have been running this kind of power for a while BP.
Matt - you should try map 5 as well and log it then map 6 and log it - compare auto tune log to yr custom map log. BP
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten !
AW M2 DCT

Matt b
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:23 pm

Re: JB4 Map 6 with BW Chiptune (Dyno graph added)

Post by Matt b » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:00 pm

Blind Pugh wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:47 pm
Matt b wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:25 pm
I have run a good number of modified cars to various states of tune over the years. Key is to really keep on top of the maintenance and care really. Yes the clutch life will be reduced and other parts might wear quicker but that's the balance.

I won't run Map 6 all the time either, will switch between map 2. I do need to address a few things too, like LSD and maybe a few chassis mods but in general it's a nice set up.

Good to know know you have been running this kind of power for a while BP.
Matt - you should try map 5 as well and log it then map 6 and log it - compare auto tune log to yr custom map log. BP
Thanks Dave, would you expect Map 5 to get close to Map 6 then?

Run it once but logged it straight away before switching back to map 2. Map 5 only gave me max 12.5psi but Map 2 gave 15.5.......

What fuel do you run? This was one Vpower.
2013 - M135i (MT) JB4, Richter DP & VRSF FMIC
417/475 :twisted:

Blind Pugh
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 8140
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:36 am

Re: JB4 Map 6 with BW Chiptune (Dyno graph added)

Post by Blind Pugh » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:23 pm

Matt b wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:00 pm
Blind Pugh wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:47 pm
Matt b wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:25 pm
I have run a good number of modified cars to various states of tune over the years. Key is to really keep on top of the maintenance and care really. Yes the clutch life will be reduced and other parts might wear quicker but that's the balance.

I won't run Map 6 all the time either, will switch between map 2. I do need to address a few things too, like LSD and maybe a few chassis mods but in general it's a nice set up.

Good to know know you have been running this kind of power for a while BP.
Matt - you should try map 5 as well and log it then map 6 and log it - compare auto tune log to yr custom map log. BP
Thanks Dave, would you expect Map 5 to get close to Map 6 then?

Run it once but logged it straight away before switching back to map 2. Map 5 only gave me max 12.5psi but Map 2 gave 15.5.......

What fuel do you run? This was one Vpower.
Matt - you would need to all map 5 to "learn" 1st before taking any data logs. Min 5 WOT runs 1st will ensure map 5 learns upwards else it will autotune to yr driving style/conditions. WOT Map 5 data comparison to WOT map 6 data will show if you have any headroom left above your map 6. I prefer map 6 as its fixed whereas map 5 continually auto tunes which some folk like.

I used to run V power the switched to Tesco Momentum 99 but have seen little or no increase in avg ign or PWM switching back to vpower.....so use both vpower and TM99. BP
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten !
AW M2 DCT

Matt b
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:23 pm

Re: JB4 Map 6 with BW Chiptune (Dyno graph added)

Post by Matt b » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:25 pm

Blind Pugh wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:23 pm
Matt b wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:00 pm
Blind Pugh wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:47 pm


Matt - you should try map 5 as well and log it then map 6 and log it - compare auto tune log to yr custom map log. BP
Thanks Dave, would you expect Map 5 to get close to Map 6 then?

Run it once but logged it straight away before switching back to map 2. Map 5 only gave me max 12.5psi but Map 2 gave 15.5.......

What fuel do you run? This was one Vpower.
Matt - you would need to all map 5 to "learn" 1st before taking any data logs. Min 5 WOT runs 1st will ensure map 5 learns upwards else it will autotune to yr driving style/conditions. WOT Map 5 data comparison to WOT map 6 data will show if you have any headroom left above your map 6. I prefer map 6 as its fixed whereas map 5 continually auto tunes which some folk like.

I used to run V power the switched to Tesco Momentum 99 but have seen little or no increase in avg ign or PWM switching back to vpower.....so use both vpower and TM99. BP
Cheers appreciate that.

What is your avg ign out of interest?
2013 - M135i (MT) JB4, Richter DP & VRSF FMIC
417/475 :twisted:

Blind Pugh
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 8140
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:36 am

Re: JB4 Map 6 with BW Chiptune (Dyno graph added)

Post by Blind Pugh » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:30 pm

Matt b wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:25 pm
What is your avg ign out of interest?
Before FMIC/boost pipe/Inlet pipe upgrade I was seeing 2.5-3 with TM99 and 3-3.5 with vpower.

Since FMIC/boost pipe/Inlet pipe upgrade I'm now seeing 1.6 to 2.2 regardless of TM99 or vpower
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten !
AW M2 DCT

Matt b
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:23 pm

Re: JB4 Map 6 with BW Chiptune (Dyno graph added)

Post by Matt b » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:37 pm

Blind Pugh wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:30 pm
Matt b wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:25 pm
What is your avg ign out of interest?
Before FMIC/boost pipe/Inlet pipe upgrade I was seeing 2.5-3 with TM99 and 3-3.5 with vpower.

Since FMIC/boost pipe/Inlet pipe upgrade I'm now seeing 1.6 to 2.2 regardless of TM99 or vpower
Wow that is low, is that when on WOT in a log or the figure from the JB4 app under user settings "read only values" think mine was like 5.8 which sounds really high!!!

What causes it to run high? Only octane.... or could it be something else?

Blind Pugh
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 8140
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:36 am

Re: JB4 Map 6 with BW Chiptune (Dyno graph added)

Post by Blind Pugh » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:55 pm

Matt b wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:37 pm
Wow that is low, is that when on WOT in a log or the figure from the JB4 app under user settings "read only values" think mine was like 5.8 which sounds really high!!!
It's been lower.....

Image
Matt b wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:37 pm
What causes it to run high? Only octane.... or could it be something else?
Crappy fuel will cause avg ign to creep up....
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten !
AW M2 DCT

Manc M135i
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1366
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:05 am

Re: JB4 Map 6 with BW Chiptune (Dyno graph added)

Post by Manc M135i » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:21 pm

Blind Pugh wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:55 pm
Matt b wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:37 pm
Wow that is low, is that when on WOT in a log or the figure from the JB4 app under user settings "read only values" think mine was like 5.8 which sounds really high!!!
It's been lower.....

Image
Matt b wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:37 pm
What causes it to run high? Only octane.... or could it be something else?
Crappy fuel will cause avg ign to creep up....
Dave, am I right in thinking I can switch to map 2 from map 6 without having to clear all the bespoke AFR and Duty settings in map6? They won't carry over to map 2 right?

Blind Pugh
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 8140
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:36 am

Re: JB4 Map 6 with BW Chiptune (Dyno graph added)

Post by Blind Pugh » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:27 pm

Manc M135i wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:21 pm
Dave, am I right in thinking I can switch to map 2 from map 6 without having to clear all the bespoke AFR and Duty settings in map6? They won't carry over to map 2 right?
Howard - correct, leave Bias settings alone as they don't carry over from map 6 to map 2. BP
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten !
AW M2 DCT

Manc M135i
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1366
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:05 am

Re: JB4 Map 6 with BW Chiptune (Dyno graph added)

Post by Manc M135i » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:38 am

Cool, thanks!

Matt b
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:23 pm

Re: JB4 Map 6 with BW Chiptune (Dyno graph added)

Post by Matt b » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:00 pm

Looks like my very high average ign was due to my drive to work being very light throttle and only 1st and 2nd gear for over 1 hour.......

Longer drive to Bath from London last night and it down To 3.9 already.
2013 - M135i (MT) JB4, Richter DP & VRSF FMIC
417/475 :twisted:

Post Reply

Return to “BW Chiptune”