What extras to ask for when buying a used car from a BMW dealer ?

Find out more about the BMW 2 Series F45 & F46
The BMW 2 Series Active Tourer F45 (2014-)
The BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer F46 (2015-)

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

TBH1

What extras to ask for when buying a used car from a BMW dealer ?

Post by TBH1 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:52 am

I am looking at an ex-demonstrator, and wondered what I could try and wring out of the dealer by way of smallish low cost extras that won't cost the dealer much, but would be useful. I am thinking mats, mud flaps, leather / paint treatment and those sort of items. Any suggestions greatly appreciated as I don't know how the cars come specced with this sort of stuff and what would be useful extras.

Two things I am keen on as extras are electrically operated folding wing mirrors (I guess these cannot be retro-fitted or it would cost a fortune to do so) and reversing camera (which I know can). Any ideas how much it would cost the dealer to retrofit the camera, as this could be useful to know in any price haggle ?

MEGAginge
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: What extras to ask for when buying a used car from a BMW dealer ?

Post by MEGAginge » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:32 am

TBH1 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:52 am
I am looking at an ex-demonstrator, and wondered what I could try and wring out of the dealer by way of smallish low cost extras that won't cost the dealer much, but would be useful. I am thinking mats, mud flaps, leather / paint treatment and those sort of items. Any suggestions greatly appreciated as I don't know how the cars come specced with this sort of stuff and what would be useful extras.

Two things I am keen on as extras are electrically operated folding wing mirrors (I guess these cannot be retro-fitted or it would cost a fortune to do so) and reversing camera (which I know can). Any ideas how much it would cost the dealer to retrofit the camera, as this could be useful to know in any price haggle ?
You'll be lucky to get tax and some fuel tbh fella. If you've agreed a price and it's got a discount, why would they give away more?
Forget about paint protection or retrofitting mods being included in the haggle. They'd charge ££££ for either.

Maybe you could get a pen or a key ring :p

Don't let fighting for a mud flap sour your experience at buying a nice car!! :)
ImageImageImage
Estoril Blue/Coral Red...
Auto, Adaptive Susp, Visibility, Sun Protection, Prof Nav, Cruise, Comfort packages. HK... Heated seats... Many :D smiles

TBH1

Post by TBH1 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:29 am

MEGAginge wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:32 am
You'll be lucky to get tax and some fuel tbh fella. If you've agreed a price and it's got a discount, why would they give away more?
Forget about paint protection or retrofitting mods being included in the haggle. They'd charge ££££ for either.

Maybe you could get a pen or a key ring :p

Don't let fighting for a mud flap sour your experience at buying a nice car!! :)
I am sure that your advice was well meant, but in the end I negotiated an extra £1,000 (exactly) off the price :lol: I only mentioned protection because this was what I got thrown in on my last main-dealer sourced pre-owned Merc as part of the negotiation. Perhaps one needs to be a little selective about following the advice which one gets on the forums ....

MEGAginge
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by MEGAginge » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:57 am

That's great news! My point was to fight for the agreed price to be as good as possible and not accept some pony about they won't make anything on it etc etc and then push for protection or whatever

But on that Bmw wanted 4 figures to apply protection to my bumper and wings, stupid! They also wanted 700 for gap insurance lol... best getting this stuff done privately ..
ImageImageImage
Estoril Blue/Coral Red...
Auto, Adaptive Susp, Visibility, Sun Protection, Prof Nav, Cruise, Comfort packages. HK... Heated seats... Many :D smiles

Return to “F45, F46 (2014 - tbd)”