Bluespark Tuning Box

Bluespark Automotive provide plug and play performance tuning solutions for Turbocharged Petrol and Diesel vehicles. We cover most BMW models and get great results from them. We are a UK company based just south of Newcastle Upon Tyne, where you are always welcome to call in for a chat.

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196, eddbluespark

Telephonewire

Re: Bluespark Tuning Box

Post by Telephonewire » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:11 pm

RedMenace wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:29 pm
RedMenace wrote:Hi Guys & Gals, long time lurker with something to finally contribute. Having read this thread over the weekend I jumped and bought the box for my modestly specced (HK, adaptive, fine line, manual) 140. I’ve had it installed and tested over several runs at riverside racing in Liverpool which I think was mentioned elsewhere and the results are as follows:
STD: 334 bhp, 325 ftlb (bit disappointing)
Bluespark map 3: 385 bhp, 418 ftlb

I’ll try to send the graph from my phone (iPad defeating me easily) but the chap at riverside speculated that the car would likely need some more miles before settings D or E show improvement and he thinks it probably just needs to adapt to them. I’ll call Bluespark tomorrow either way. If my car is running standard then perhaps one of these fabled 350+ motors will break 400?

I’m very happy with the gains though. As others have observed bang for your buck is superb and a big thanks to the op from me. The car was much much more lively and I can’t wait to get up to The lakes or Smowdonia to test its legs. Cheers.
Printout..Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Re: STD: 334 bhp, 325 ftlb (bit disappointing)

Looking at the graph the peak torque looks to be ~375 FtLb @ ~ 2,000 RPM and not 325 Ft Lb as stated on the graph.

eddbluespark

Post by eddbluespark » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:32 pm

petrolhead wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:55 pm
Edd

I am a bit confuse re your last post.

I spoke to you a couple of weeks ago about a 235i that I have and you said you were able to supply a tuning box no mention that it was still in development?
We have a box available for the x35i and have done for some time, we are just always trying to improve our offerings, and knew that we should be able to hit higher figures than we currently quote. We are constantly doing firmware updates for our products, especially when we know that we can make significant improvements.
Neil b wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:23 pm
edd

Just fitted Tim’s box to his 135 that he bought the other day, all I can say is
F!!king hell v v very impressed and he’s not running super yet deff going to
Get one for my 140 . When are you getting a rolling road that Tim said you
Are getting?
Glad to hear it. We should be getting our rolling road shortly after Christmas with any luck. I've paid the deposit, so now we are just waiting for delivery.

Best regards,
Edd

Aero
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Aero » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:09 am

eddbluespark wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:32 pm

We have a box available for the x35i and have done for some time, we are just always trying to improve our offerings, and knew that we should be able to hit higher figures than we currently quote. We are constantly doing firmware updates for our products, especially when we know that we can make significant improvements.

Best regards,
Edd
In this regard, are firmware updates available to existing owners of your tuning boxes?

Many thanks!
2016 M135i LCI, AW, MP Exhaust & Grilles.

eddbluespark

Post by eddbluespark » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:07 am

Aero wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:09 am
eddbluespark wrote:

Best regards,
Edd
In this regard, are firmware updates available to existing owners of your tuning boxes?

Many thanks!
If there is an update available for the box you have then yes, of course.

If you can send us over your details (probably best to e-mail us direct rather than share your personal details in public) then one of the team can check your order details and see whether there are any updates for the unit you have.

Best regards,
Edd

Aero
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Aero » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:27 am

eddbluespark wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:07 am

If you can send us over your details (probably best to e-mail us direct rather than share your personal details in public) then one of the team can check your order details and see whether there are any updates for the unit you have.

Best regards,
Edd
Thank you for the quick reply! I haven't bought one yet, I was wondering about future updates before I made my purchase :thumbs:

LiamH

Post by LiamH » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:59 am

eddbluespark wrote:

Best regards,
Edd
Can firmware updates be installed by the customer or is it case of sending the unit back for the new firmware?

eddbluespark

Post by eddbluespark » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:15 am

It is a case of sending the unit back, but this isn't something that will ordinarily need to be done. Generally speaking once the maps are mature, they won't need to be updated.
Best regards,
Edd

LiamH

Post by LiamH » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:30 pm

eddbluespark wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:15 am
It is a case of sending the unit back, but this isn't something that will ordinarily need to be done. Generally speaking once the maps are mature, they won't need to be updated.
Best regards,
Edd
Thanks for the reply Edd.

One more question and apologies if it has already been covered elsewhere in this thread: what setting was the Bluespark on to produce 415bhp at the performance centre?

eddbluespark

Post by eddbluespark » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:48 pm

LiamH wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:30 pm
eddbluespark wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:15 am
Best regards,
Edd
Thanks for the reply Edd.

One more question and apologies if it has already been covered elsewhere in this thread: what setting was the Bluespark on to produce 415bhp at the performance centre?
The unit was on setting E to achieve those results.
Best regards,
Edd

mark261288

Post by mark261288 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:38 am

I can confirm the the gains are huge. I have my m140i running on setting 5 and its almost dangerous in the wet it has that much shove. If the road is damp or greasey at all then it will spin up in forth.

I would say it actually feels faster than the M4's i have driven but this might be down to the fact its a smalller car so you get more of a sence of speed. A friend of mine who works for Audi has had ago and he believes it is easily new RS3 pace in a straight line.

The only issue with me is the fact it highlights just how much these cars would benifit from a LSD. I think i will be investing in a set of michelin pilot cup 2 tyres in the spring to try and tame some of the wheel spin.

I also have some concerns about the clutch, do we know how much power/ torque a standard clutch can take?

Aero
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Aero » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:25 pm

Another question from me.....

Your website indicates the box is for the M135i @ 320hp, but the later models were 326hp. When ordering, does this matter?

Thanks again!

Samp4856
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Samp4856 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:23 pm

this was a very interesting read, i was going to order a jb+ for my new m140, however after reading this im tempted to order the bluespark, customer service seems very good, and costs less!

so map c "defult" looks to be around 40hp and 100nm over stock?

sounds epic.
m140 Zf with MPE, sold it for an M2 DCT, selling the M2 to get back into a 140 Shadow edition, some call me crazy, i say try to live with an m2 round here!

Return to “Bluespark Automotive”