Bluespark Tuning Box

Bluespark Automotive provide plug and play performance tuning solutions for Turbocharged Petrol and Diesel vehicles. We cover most BMW models and get great results from them. We are a UK company based just south of Newcastle Upon Tyne, where you are always welcome to call in for a chat.

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin, eddbluespark

kritdawg

Re: Bluespark Tuning Box

Post by kritdawg » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:35 pm

eddbluespark wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:15 am
It is a case of sending the unit back, but this isn't something that will ordinarily need to be done. Generally speaking once the maps are mature, they won't need to be updated.
Best regards,
Edd
What a great thread, I have a 2013 M135i and looking in to getting a bluespark. Edd are you able to update once the update you mentioned is complete on the N55 map. I guess at the same time you will be able to share the results of this updated map with V power fuel as well.

Cheers

eddbluespark

Post by eddbluespark » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:20 am

Hi there,
We are pretty happy with the maps as they are now for the N55. On a stock car we are seeing over 370hp and 535Nm torque with smooth delivery and no errors. This graph is with the latest maps: Image

As regards the 320 vs 326PS versions, there is no technical difference between the pre LCi and post LCi EWG engine. They have the same map and don't make different outputs. BMW might say they do, but I think that is far more to do with their marketing dept than anything else. Whilst I'm on the topic, there is obviously a difference between the EWG and PWG engines in terms of wastegate control. However as we don't connect to the wastegate this is of no significance to selecting your box.

Effectively whether its an LCi or pre LCi, PWG or EWG, if you have an Mx35i with the N55 engine, one set of maps for our unit will work across these minor variants.

Best regards,
Edd

Tooney
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Tooney » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:25 am

eddbluespark wrote:Hi there,
We are pretty happy with the maps as they are now for the N55. On a stock car we are seeing over 370hp and 535Nm torque with smooth delivery and no errors. This graph is with the latest maps: Image

As regards the 320 vs 326PS versions, there is no technical difference between the pre LCi and post LCi EWG engine. They have the same map and don't make different outputs. BMW might say they do, but I think that is far more to do with their marketing dept than anything else. Whilst I'm on the topic, there is obviously a difference between the EWG and PWG engines in terms of wastegate control. However as we don't connect to the wastegate this is of no significance to selecting your box.

Effectively whether its an LCi or pre LCi, PWG or EWG, if you have an Mx35i with the N55 engine, one set of maps for our unit will work across these minor variants.

Best regards,
Edd

Hi Edd
Do you have your Dyno up and running now? Are you able to do a custom map through the box for that car on the rollers. Is this a service you would offer ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddbluespark

Post by eddbluespark » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:37 am

Hi there,
We are still waiting for our dyno to be delivered. We don't have an exact delivery date as yet, but it will be in the next few weeks. I will post on here as soon as it is up and running.

Once we have it up and running we will be happy to do custom box programming for your vehicle.

Best Regards,
Edd

Tooney
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Tooney » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:42 am

Thanks Edd much appreciated.

kritdawg

Post by kritdawg » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:44 pm

eddbluespark wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:20 am
Hi there,

Best regards,
Edd
Thanks Edd, I assume these results are from the E setting?

MWATTS

Post by MWATTS » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:08 pm

After reading the last 24 pages, I think I'm going to sell my Jb+ and try a bluespark.

Tooney
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Tooney » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:42 pm

MWATTS wrote:After reading the last 24 pages, I think I'm going to sell my Jb+ and try a bluespark.
That's what I did I'm sure you won't be disappointed matey Image

RDowson
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by RDowson » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:59 pm

I’m about to order mine soon too. Any better discount codes that the 10% one?
2017 M140i Shadow Edition - Sunset Orange - Bimecc Spacers - Bluespark

Upcoming Mods: Motech Eibach Springs - M Performance Bump Stops - Underbelly Brace - Pipercross Panel Filter - Maxton Splitter and Side Blades - Diffuser and Spoiler (undecided)

James T
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by James T » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:32 pm

RDowson wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:59 pm
Really? is £160 odd not cheap enough for this amount of performance?

RDowson
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by RDowson » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:37 pm

James T wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:32 pm
RDowson wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:59 pm
Really? is £160 odd not cheap enough for this amount of performance?
If there’s a code for more than 10% off you’d surely be crazy not to use it...

Upcoming Mods: Motech Eibach Springs - M Performance Bump Stops - Underbelly Brace - Pipercross Panel Filter - Maxton Splitter and Side Blades - Diffuser and Spoiler (undecided)

Phil_B_M140

Post by Phil_B_M140 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:56 pm

My box has turned up today ... weekend fitting planned .. :D
See how we get on

MWATTS

Post by MWATTS » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:15 am

My box came Saturday, I just need my car back from having some body work done to put it on! The 330d M sport curtisy car is feeling boring now.

RDowson
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by RDowson » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:16 am

Just ordered mine. What’s the chances in it arriving tomorrow?

Return to “Bluespark Automotive”