4 wheel alignment yorkshire recommendations.

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series E81, E82, E87, E88.
Manufactured from 2004 to 2011

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

Trojantrow
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

4 wheel alignment yorkshire recommendations.

Post by Trojantrow » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:31 pm

Hi. Having tyres fitted tommorow.

Bassically i want a 4 wheel alignment doing and the camber pins removing at the same time. After i have fitted my m3 lower arms.

Im asking if anyone can recommend anyone from experience. Align my car fetches up loads of garages and some i ring dont seem to have a clue about m3 settings and some say the car will drive crap on the street if i have that done.

One said that it will follow all the groves in the road and doesnt recommend m3 arms unless im tracking it. Which im not.. yet all you guys report no negatives.

Really dont know what to do here. How can i trust that they know what they are doing?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

FirBim
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: 4 wheel alignment yorkshire recommendations.

Post by FirBim » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:10 am

Trojantrow wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:31 pm
Bassically i want a 4 wheel alignment doing and the camber pins removing at the same time. After i have fitted my m3 lower arms.

Im asking if anyone can recommend anyone from experience. Align my car fetches up loads of garages and some i ring dont seem to have a clue about m3 settings and some say the car will drive crap on the street if i have that done
Make sure you have it done on a licenced/official Hunter rig, the operators are well-trained and skilful.
Tell them in advance that the car has modified suspension and you want it as near to E92 M3 as possible.
If they're unhappy, offer to sign a disclaimer. if they're still unhappy, that's not the place you want to go.

Finally - if you're driving it to the alignment centre on the M3 LCA's allow plenty of time. The car will drive like a demonically-possessed supermarket trolley until all the alignment is sorted out. It's really quite unnerving at anything above 30mph.
2010 E87 120d M Sport, Le Mans Blue

tweeky
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by tweeky » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:17 am

Current 2015 F22 Melbourne Red 220D loaded with many extras.
Gone 2012 E82 Space Grey 118D Sports Plus standard spec.

bjt
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by bjt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:18 am

Whereabouts in Yorkshire? Can recommend Auto Dynamics in Sheffield.
E87 130i M Sport, now with added doors!
E81 130i M Sport aka the Pocket Rocket - Fell victim to the Monday morning commute

Trojantrow
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Trojantrow » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:31 am

Hi guys thats exactly what i wanted to know. And thanks for the recommendation for Sheffield. I am in doncaster.

Does anyone know if i will need any other parts besides the LCA's?. Is it recomended to get the trackrod ends as well. Or are the original ones good/long enough??

andrewuk1990

Post by andrewuk1990 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:44 pm

Trojantrow wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:31 am
Hi guys thats exactly what i wanted to know. And thanks for the recommendation for Sheffield. I am in doncaster.

Does anyone know if i will need any other parts besides the LCA's?. Is it recomended to get the trackrod ends as well. Or are the original ones good/long enough??

I know it sounds wrong but a lot of Kwikfit garages have 4 wheel hunter alignment systems & a trained member of staff to operate it! Their prices are reasonable as well and you can opt for inclusive re-alignment within 2 years (which is what i did & then if you change the suspension later on, ie. camber plates etc then they will re-align for free).

I went to the garage off kirkstall road in leeds and they were happy to align it as per my request even with the LCA's on and pins pulled.

Regarding LCA,s that is all you need. The upper tension arms are not required unless you want the stiffer bushes and the trackrod ends dont need changing.

Return to “E81, E82, E87, E88 (2004-2011)”