Baby BMW Forum banner

BMW Professional Head unit

19K views 108 replies 32 participants last post by  bodhi 
#1 ·
Hello
Has anyone had any experience with AliExpress, They seem to be selling BMW Professional head units for about £100 shipped.
Do you think they will be able to be coded ? anyone ?

#4 ·
Have you got the link to these please

#6 ·
Let us know how you get on with it.

#22 ·
Ian w said:
Following this one. I already have the BT head unit but the display is on its way out. This would work out cheaper than sending it off for repair in the UK bizarrely from what I can see.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Yeah I'm in the same situation so I've been watching this thread to see how it pans out. I was going to send it off to get the screen fixed but if these head units work as expected I'll just buy a brand new one.

Has anyone noticed any difference in sound quality between these and the original?

#23 ·
Wullie71 said:
The Mic and the aux connector will probably work, but the USB will not. I also tried these Chinese usb cables. First thought the problem was in the radio itself but it's not. When you buy the original BMW fakra cable + usb/aux-input socket it will work just fine.

The sound quality of the Professional HU is a bit better then my old business one.

#24 ·
Oddie said:
Wullie71 said:
The Mic and the aux connector will probably work, but the USB will not. I also tried these Chinese usb cables. First thought the problem was in the radio itself but it's not. When you buy the original BMW fakra cable + usb/aux-input socket it will work just fine.

The sound quality of the Professional HU is a bit better then my old business one.
Happen to have part numbers and cost Oddie? Cheers.

#25 ·
Oddie said:
This weekend I also installed a usb/aux-input socket (4 10 9 237 653) and the necessary cable (61 11 9 129 360). It's working perfectly!
Madda said:
Oddie said:
Wullie71 said:

Happen to have part numbers and cost Oddie? Cheers.
See my previous post. ^ It was around 70€ incl VAT (here in the Netherlands).... I know, quite expensive comparing it with the radio :redface:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.