How do I wire in footwell lights?

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series E81, E82, E87, E88.
Manufactured from 2004 to 2011

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

Post Reply
Bunford
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:55 pm

How do I wire in footwell lights?

Post by Bunford » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:29 pm

I have a pre LCI E87 and bought an M Sport LCI dash to swap over. My old dash doesnt have footwell lights bit the new one does. Anybody know how I can wire these in so they come on when doors open etc?
2005 BMW E87 118D Sport in Black Sapphire

Upgraded to M Sport LCI interior and exterior, engine remap and backbox delete with custom twin sport exhaust installed

User avatar
supercati
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:17 am
Location: Barcelona

Re: How do I wire in footwell lights?

Post by supercati » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:23 am

According to what I have found: Pin 35 in the "lower FRM connector".

But I'm not 100% sure. :roll:
130i E81 2007 LHD - Sparkling Graphite Metallic / Boston Terra - CDV Delete - 135i ESD with resonator delete - LED Blacklines - RIP :(
130i E81 2008 LHD - LSE / Boston Terra - Complete HiFi Retrofit - Work in progress

Bunford
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:55 pm

Re: How do I wire in footwell lights?

Post by Bunford » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:29 pm

supercati wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:23 am
According to what I have found: Pin 35 in the "lower FRM connector".

But I'm not 100% sure. :roll:
'Scuse the ignorance, but what does this mean to the layman? :?:
2005 BMW E87 118D Sport in Black Sapphire

Upgraded to M Sport LCI interior and exterior, engine remap and backbox delete with custom twin sport exhaust installed

User avatar
supercati
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:17 am
Location: Barcelona

Re: How do I wire in footwell lights?

Post by supercati » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:13 pm

Bunford wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:29 pm
supercati wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:23 am
According to what I have found: Pin 35 in the "lower FRM connector".

But I'm not 100% sure. :roll:
'Scuse the ignorance, but what does this mean to the layman? :?:
FRM? FRM is the control module of the lights, located (at least on LHD cars) under the steering wheel, on the footwell area.
130i E81 2007 LHD - Sparkling Graphite Metallic / Boston Terra - CDV Delete - 135i ESD with resonator delete - LED Blacklines - RIP :(
130i E81 2008 LHD - LSE / Boston Terra - Complete HiFi Retrofit - Work in progress

Jack79
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: How do I wire in footwell lights?

Post by Jack79 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:29 pm

Here you have electrical diagram.
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e87- ... ng/uHuvlPE
You have to wire Driver's and passenger side footwell light to Pin 35 in footwell module located here
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e87- ... ng/SA0aqyj
In eu cars in x14260 plug.
If you will write your VIN it would be easier to find everything or do it your self. This page is awesome.

User avatar
Dave1
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Epimetheus

Re: How do I wire in footwell lights?

Post by Dave1 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:46 pm

Here is a good guide. I did this a good while back.

http://www.babybmw.net/howtos/how_to-_r ... nation.pdf

Bunford
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:55 pm

Re: How do I wire in footwell lights?

Post by Bunford » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:51 am

Dave1 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:46 pm
Here is a good guide. I did this a good while back.

http://www.babybmw.net/howtos/how_to-_r ... nation.pdf
Nice. Thanks. Using this method, I assume then I could also wire in puddle lights on the bottom of the doors in the same wiring chain so they would come on same time as footwell lights?
2005 BMW E87 118D Sport in Black Sapphire

Upgraded to M Sport LCI interior and exterior, engine remap and backbox delete with custom twin sport exhaust installed

Bunford
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:55 pm

Re: How do I wire in footwell lights?

Post by Bunford » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:53 am

Jack79 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:29 pm
Here you have electrical diagram.
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e87- ... ng/uHuvlPE
You have to wire Driver's and passenger side footwell light to Pin 35 in footwell module located here
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e87- ... ng/SA0aqyj
In eu cars in x14260 plug.
If you will write your VIN it would be easier to find everything or do it your self. This page is awesome.
Do you need entire VIN? I know the last 7 digits are PN72783.
2005 BMW E87 118D Sport in Black Sapphire

Upgraded to M Sport LCI interior and exterior, engine remap and backbox delete with custom twin sport exhaust installed

Jack79
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: How do I wire in footwell lights?

Post by Jack79 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:14 pm

This is electrical diagram to your car
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e87- ... ng/pbsJzqC

Post Reply

Return to “E81, E82, E87, E88 (2004-2011)”