Baby BMW Forum banner

Aux port not working?

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  J20NYH 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I've just bought an aux cable with the intent of using my iPhone to stream music via YouTube/Spotify but when I plug it in to the aux port under the armrest and go to the AUX option on my head unit no sounds comes through.

I have a professional HU with the AUX option and have checked the volume on both iPhone and HU and can't understand why it's not working.

Any ideas?

#3 ·
Yeah I've checked that and it's on 6... I can hear like a static buzz when I turn the volume on the HU up really high but doesn't seem to change when I plug aux in.

#4 ·
What are the chances this is down to the actual AUX port under the armrest?

If I have a professional HU with the AUX option does this rule out it being anything to do with the HU?

For reference I connect my phone via bluetooth to the HU but this is purely for phone calls and I don't think I'm able to play music via bluetooth and I also have the OEM iPod connectively function that uses the CDC function with cable in glovebox.

#12 ·
Nope no luck at all. Can only imagine there's a fault with the actual port itself as everything else seems to be in order.

Cable works in a different car
Tested another device
Checked aux volume on head unit.

No joy [emoji22]

#14 ·
Octavius said:
Octavius said:
It needs recoded back to the car.
Worth trying.
Possibly but I don't have the tools or the funds to get this done.

I assumed because the AUX option is available to select on the head until this ruled out a recode?

Could it be anything to do with the MULF in the boot? As said previously I have a professional head unit, it has Bluetooth and my phone connects for calls only and I also have the oem iPod connectivity linked up to the CDC option on the head unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.