Baby BMW Forum banner

Tyre size question

815 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  MontegoBlue 
#1 ·
I recently got myself an E87 116D poverty spec ES model which according to the dealer is actually spec'd up quite nicely. The only issue is it looks like the previous owner kept or sold the summer wheels and fitted the 16 inch winter wheels and tyres when it was traded in.
The issue is I have one Runflat Michelin fitted and three budget brand non runflat tyres fitted. All these are 195/55R16 size tyres. As two of the tyres need changing I asked about normal tyres and have been told to fit 205/55R16 non Runflats.
Would this be okay? All advice appreciated as usual 😎

#5 ·
Don't be so hard on ES spec, less is more sometimes my 2012 E91 is ES spec, with manual air con and that's it! What else does one need - less to go wrong ;)

#9 ·
alasdair84 said:
@marco_polo I would say Michelin Pilot Sports are a bit overkill for a 116d :lol2:
Umm...I disagree - the slower the car, the more pace one tends to try to maintain. Thus, excellent tyres are of huge benefit and the same goes for brakes.

#11 ·
...can never go overkill on tyres...quite the opposite, doesn't matter what car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.