Baby BMW Forum banner

Dangers of Dpf delete without remap...

18K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Jeo 
#1 ·
Hello, I am new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself, I'm from Milton Keynes England driving a white e88 120d. As the title suggests I'm wondering the dangers of putting a straight pipe in place of the dpf, I currently have a milltek and I will get the map just not right away!!! Basically I was brought the delete pipe and I'm impatient [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
MOT dangers and there only gonna get worse...wouldn't risk it if I was you.. but, I'm sure you will need to get some coding done for a straight pipe DPF delete...may be wrong of course.

#3 ·
Yea I understand mot rules and having a very good friend as an mot tester is always useful in these kind of situations, I know normally and I will need coding but I've heard it's fine just smokes when it tries to regen?

#7 ·
Don't remove the DPF. It provides no power gains, makes MOT a real nightmare, gets loads of money to the people who remove it who then sell it for £££ and charge you £££ for the work.

A decent honest tuner like Jason at BW chiptune will tell you this.

#8 ·
Pros:
Maybe 5 to 10bhp after remap
Less backpressure on the turbo
No need for regens

Cons:
Black, toxic, smoke
Illegal - roadside smoke tests in the pipeline
Permanent MOT fail, even on visual inspection
Very expensive to reverse this mod - arguably major problem when the car is sold

Unless your DPF is utterly blocked, just get it properly remapped! Take it to someone who knows what they are doing, like BW Chiptune for whom I am pleased to vouch. Jason (owner) stated that they have never failed to fix a DPF fault.

#10 ·
11mmerola said:
Ok so there's alot more than I thought against the dpf delete than for it... I think I will keep mine and hold out a little longer to get a proper map.

BTW...Hello and welcome!

Nice looking car - did you fit the bumper?

As you're in MK, I'd strongly recommend a trip to Hayes to see Jason and colleagues, it's well worth the trip. Remapping these cars and getting them right seems to be more complicated than some other cars. BW Chiptune has done a lot of them. If you are going there, ask about swirl flap deletion and coding your EGR shut too...

#11 ·
Toed64 said:
11mmerola said:
Ok so there's alot more than I thought against the dpf delete than for it... I think I will keep mine and hold out a little longer to get a proper map.

BTW...Hello and welcome!

As you're in MK, I'd strongly recommend a trip to Hayes to see Jason and colleagues, it's well worth the trip. Remapping these cars and getting them right seems to be more complicated than some other cars. BW Chiptune has done a lot of them. If you are going there, ask about swirl flap deletion and coding your EGR shut too...
Thanks haha yes I fitted the bumper myself and removing the swirl flaps is on the cards either this weekend or next, once I have time/money I will get a proper map with egr delete and I have blanking plates for the egr aswell.

I'd actually been planning to go to derv tech but I'm sure there are better/closer places I'm open to recommendations.

#12 ·
Derv Tech may be marvellous...but I have never used them. BW Chiptune has an excellent reputation on this forum, I've never heard a negative comment. Jason was a BMW Master Tech for many years before going out on his own. He has a collection of his own very quick BMWs too!

#13 ·
11mmerola said:
Toed64 said:
11mmerola said:

BTW...Hello and welcome!

Thanks haha yes I fitted the bumper myself and removing the swirl flaps is on the cards either this weekend or next, once I have time/money I will get a proper map with egr delete and I have blanking plates for the egr aswell.

I'd actually been planning to go to derv tech but I'm sure there are better/closer places I'm open to recommendations.

I can vouch for BW Chiptune too... Had my 120d remapped and swirl flaps done back in the summer. The maps totally transformed the drive whilst maintaining good economy's around the 52.3 mpg mark.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.