Baby BMW Forum banner

Someone tell me the name of this part ???

737 views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  joshua22 
#1 ·
The horse shoe type thing bolted down. What's the name In need of changing it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

See less See more
#8 ·
Sorry for the late reply. Yes ordered the clamping jaw for the 118d, think It was done by the mechanic, taking matters into my own hands now. He changed washers as there was a leak which happened to pop up after I got him to replace the timing chain..... then I find a broken piece of the clamping jaw. Random

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Update.. the clamp is broke at the back i knew that. But I can't remove the bolt holding it in. If I try it moves the clamp and the bolt Goes loose. Then tight again. I'm afraid to ruin the threads? But has the damage already been done? Car is giving me a headache at the min

#10 ·
joshua22 said:
Update.. the clamp is broke at the back i knew that. But I can't remove the bolt holding it in. If I try it moves the clamp and the bolt Goes loose. Then tight again. I'm afraid to ruin the threads? But has the damage already been done? Car is giving me a headache at the min

So took the risk and got the bolt out. So this tell me the broken part of the injector clamp, holds against the compression. Without it the clamp will tilt slightly (as you can see from the slight warp in the bolt) hopefully a replacement will sort the issue , thanks people

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.