Baby BMW Forum banner

Opinions - 313 alloys on eBay?

708 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  0l0dom0l0 
#1 ·
I've been after some 313 alloys for a while and I've noticed a set have come up for sale fairly cheap! It almost seems to good to be true, but something doesn't seem right.

Advert shows an invoice dated August 2017, for 313 alloys and Potenza tyres.. so these should only be 2/3 months old but looking at the condition of them they clearly arn't, two of the wheels have Dunlop tyres too! to my eye the alloys have been painted on the faces instead of the factory diamond cut?

My head is saying "stay away" but it is a really great price, is it just me or do you think this guys pulling a fast one?

#2 ·
They ain't exactly cheap ! Once you get them re cut and painted ( roughly £400) they don't seem a good price at all

#3 ·
They seem to go for stupid money a kerbed set of alloys went for £699 the other day!

I've messages the seller and asked about a few things, we'll see if he replies.

I suppose I'm covered by eBay if these turn out to be scrap value! :p

#4 ·
go with your head. One shows the lacquer is peeling . Tyres worn too. May be the Aug invoice is the replacement set for these.

#6 ·
Well he just messaged back about the invoice.. after avoiding the question first time around. think I'll give this a miss.

"sorry this invoice is not for these alloys but another set of bmw alloys which were purchased"

#7 ·
Are they the correct offsets for your car?

As you say, they have been refurbed very cheaply before and the curb damage is quite serious. It's very difficult to tell if they are straight, so you need to look at them. He has described them as straight, so if they are not, you can get your money back. Forget the tyres - they're runcraps, so you could ebay them or enjoy a day of drifting!

His starting price is not bad - they do sell for a lot more. However as you'll need to refurb and the tyres are just packaging, you could make a very derisory offer. There's a set of E92 313s listed for under £300 at the mo, so that might give you some leverage.

#8 ·
Yeah he says they are straight, not been refurbished before (can only be diamond cut twice before they become too thin to cut). I'm cautious about them being painted I had a set of diamond cut Brabus monoblock on my last car and when they went in for refurb the wheel place said the face of the wheel had a buckle and they couldn't be cut because of this, the only option was powdercoat/paint.

I don't mind some minor damage as most of these need a refurb anyway as the lacquer gets water penetration but if there is any deep damage that might mean they cannot be diamond cut and without viewing them I can't judge if that's the case.

But I'm half tempted to offer £240 and claim my money back if something is not right with them when they turn up! Is £240 worth the risk? :?

#9 ·
Toed64 said:
Are they the correct offsets for your car?
Hmmm they should be 18x7.5 ET49 and 18x8.5 ET52, I've asked him to confirm

#10 ·
I'd give those a miss.

Look at the state of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.