Baby BMW Forum banner

Which option: Stock, Debadge, Gloss Black

• Satin Black

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Body Colour - Le Mans Blue

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • Thundernight

Votes: 4 10.5%

To Debadge, or not Debadge (and what about gloss black?)

2K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  teeb 
#1 ·
Hey guys, after your thoughts on this, i am undecided.

Its a 130i in Sapphire Black, cant decide on whether to debadge it, fit a Gloss black badge, or leave the stock badge on it.

i would normally just de-badge it, however I am leaning away from that given its not a 116i. I am quite keen on the gloss black look (had this on my E91):

what do you think?

See less See more
#6 ·
fmn716 said:
I say badge it 120i

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aye, that thought had crossed my mind as well, putting a 116i badge on there :p

unfortunately i don't think its quite fast enough to be pulling off the troll badging, maybe if it was an N55 car with 450hp then the 116i badge would work :p

#11 ·
I had a gloss black 135i badge, went really well against Sedona red and matched my gloss black exterior trim.
It's now debadged since I had the rear end resprayed so not sure if I should stick them back on...

When I had my sapphire 130i I dedaged it! I'd say debagde on a black car

#14 ·
I like both but starting to lean towards having them badged.

I had my m135 debadged and I liked the look and the element of surprise when up against other fast cars. However, I've kept the badges on my M140 and I really like the way it looks. Plus why spend all that money on a nice car to hide it.. you wouldn't take the Ferrari badges off a Ferrari.

Only downside I've had a few people trying to engage me in on races etc.

#17 ·
Debadged mine and I think it looks way cleaner. As my car is in black sapphire I also just ordered a full gloss black set of BMW badges for the lid, boot and wheel caps and considering painting my alloys to a satin black too so the car is totally clean and blacked out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.