Baby BMW Forum banner

04 120d Diagnosis

440 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Chemtails 
#1 ·
Hello there lads

For the second time not my bimmer is unhappy with me and has decided to not work, this time, it's mostly my fault
So i took it up to my friends cabin, parked it overnight, and then i got in it to drive he on Synday, it wouldn't start and had a yellow battery warning, alright, must have left the lights on, no biggie, Lost my jumpers too, oh well. So after some faffing about and failing to hill start it, we go to buy a new set of jumpers. in the meantime, his girlfriend has tried to help us by pressing the starter button multiple times to no avail. we get back, hook it up to his subie and think that should be all, aspower comes back, tme is reset, date is one day prior(this might have been like that forever) and i have warning lights, along with weird behaviour form the car.

Sometimes pressing the start button willhave the starter crank but not ignition, sometimes nothing will happen
Window wipers work sometimes, sometimes at slow speeds and sometimes not, same goes for side windows.
i have the following warning lights(sometimes)
Yellow handbrake light
red seatbelt
red airbag,

The only code i got was CC ID 97, wich is weird.

how do i go about fixing it, my car has Idrive, but it's broken. im heading up to collect it was i'm writing this up

cheers
-Simon

See less See more
#5 ·
Worth checking the cables from the battery for corrosion. There are two that come off the battery, and go through the fllor of the boot. The big one runs to the starter, the not so big one serves the ancilliaries. If you can see corrosion from inside the boot, its almost certainly toast. Otherwise, look carefully from underneath - it may not be obvious, but may be in-yer-face fooked. Theres a good post on here from about a year ago with pics: I'll post a link if I can find it (and no-one else beats me).

Edit: This one:
(Also mentions safety restaint faults towards the end).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.