Baby BMW Forum banner

130i LE Tailgate Release

684 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  MPN1 
#1 ·
I've had my car about six months now and have found the only way to open the tailgate is using the BMW badge on the tailgate.
Is that normal for this model?
There doesn't seem to be a switch under the bonnet release, just a hole for a switch, and pressing the tailgate button on the keyfob doesn't do anything either, I have tried pressing and holding, just pressing, trying it locked and unlocked, still nothing apart from the alarm going off!
Can anyone with a similar car shed any light on this.
I have read that different models have different specs when it comes to this, or is the switch missing, I can't see any wires through the hole, or are the keyfobs not working as they should?
Any advice would be appreciated.

#3 ·
I've tried both keys but no joy.
Does yours open on a button near the bonnet release?

#8 ·
Is your glovebox locked?

#9 ·
No. The glovebox is not locked.

#11 ·
Thank you for all of your replies.
I have worked out the key fob now.
I was pressing and holding the button and waiting for the tailgate to release, turns out I was not releasing the button quick enough and setting the alarm off instead.
As others have said it is pretty pointless as you still have to grab the badge to lift it so maybe I'll look at the spring option that some people have done.

#12 ·
Have now fitted blue medium load 20mm X 25mm springs to the struts so the tailgate pops open halfway when I press the button on the key fob.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.