2005 120d DPF Warning light??

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series E81, E82, E87, E88.
Manufactured from 2004 to 2013

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

Pabzy
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

2005 120d DPF Warning light??

Post by Pabzy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:06 pm

Hi guys, need a bit of help with understanding why my DPF Warning light has come on when I don't have a DPF fitted to the car.
I was fixing my squeaking A pillars and had disconnected the battery as didn't want to disturb the airbag. When I reconnected the battery and went to set the time, I noticed my service light was red. I went into the menu to see what was causing it and found the dpf symbol was red with a date of April 2017!!
I have recently had a full exhaust fitted (cat back) and glow plugs and relay replaced in the last 2 weeks however it is only today that the light came on.

Any ideas? Is there a way that I can reset it or turn it off?
05 120d. Sydney Blue, Xenons, Black Grills, 18" Deep Dish BBS, Drilled brembos, 2.5" exhaust, Tints, LCI Heated Leather, CDV, Swirl Flaps & EGR gone, M Sport interior goodies, Pro HU, HK Subs & Speakers. Time to make it move! 8)

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: 2005 120d DPF Warning light??

Post by marco_polo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:10 pm

Pic please? Sure it's not the Cabin Microfilter?
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Pabzy
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Pabzy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:52 pm

OK so after more googling it appears it isn't the dpf at all but the cabin filter :oops: : This was replaced recently so not sure why the light is on? Tried to reset it but it hasn't worked. Still remains.
Sorry, I'm not sure how to add a picture, just says that the file is too big??
05 120d. Sydney Blue, Xenons, Black Grills, 18" Deep Dish BBS, Drilled brembos, 2.5" exhaust, Tints, LCI Heated Leather, CDV, Swirl Flaps & EGR gone, M Sport interior goodies, Pro HU, HK Subs & Speakers. Time to make it move! 8)

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:00 pm

If you go too far beyond the CBS date, you'll struggle to DIY reset it. Might need plugging in now.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Pabzy
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Pabzy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:18 pm

Cheers Marco, looks like this is the case. Tried to reset it a few times now but just goes through the motions (clock spins) but nothing then happens. Date remains. How has this come up now though. I can't understand it??

I assume this something that can be reset with Inpa, Ista etc or is another bit of kit needed? I am going to get a laptop with all the relevant software on it so resetting this is another reason to invest I suppose.

Return to “E81, E82, E87, E88 (2004-2013)”