Baby BMW Forum banner

Bmwp back box.

3K views 42 replies 15 participants last post by  Dan_Mol 
#1 ·
Was looking to get bmwp back box for my 130i le but BMW no longer make them and have no stock. Anyone got one to sell or now of any place to look even in Germany if any contacts out there.
Is there another back box that is good without breaking the bank.
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Have you checked leebman24.de?

#4 ·
0l0dom0l0 said:
Davy130 said:
Was looking to get bmwp back box for my 130i le but BMW no longer make them and have no stock. Anyone got one to sell or now of any place to look even in Germany if any contacts out there.
Is there another back box that is good without breaking the bank.
Thanks.

Have you checked leebman24.de?
Not heard of them but will check it out thanks.

#7 ·
Davy130 said:
Scorp said:
Subscribed!
What you mean?

I'm also looking for one.. but have found out via another persons recent enquiries last week in fact that it would seem the BMWP backbox is no longer being manufactured. See below.

I'd contact the folk at Leebmann and see if they have one, its a bit more expensive than from Salesafter (who have now unlisted it)

Guys and Gals..
I've gone and investigated with 2 BMW dealers about the 130i Performance exhausts and there's a possibility that BMW may have stopped or are winding down production.

I spoke to Alex Lander at Cotswold BMW on Friday and there was only one exhaust in stock and no indication of further stock at a later date.

I contacted Harry Fairbairn and initially they said there were 10 in stock, then messaged me to say those 10 were allocated to another market (assuming that's a market in Asia/Africa/South America).
The response to my query is here:

BMW order the exhausts from their warehouses in Germany.

Given that there was only one available BMWP exhaust I caved in and bought it.

I will keep this thread updated and keep in touch with BMW to check for availability.

There are the other supplier previously mentioned i.e. Leebman.de and Aftersales.eu but if they are ordering the performance exhausts from BMW in Germany rather than selling existing stock then availability will remain an issue.

I will of course still pursue the discounted group buy if there is enough interest.

There is also the option of the 135i Performance Exhaust (no known stock availability issues), though this will require a few modifications to fit the 130i.

#9 ·
Boombap said:
Sounds like I may have to buy one now rather than risking a no availability situation!
Just bought mine from leebman.de. They had stock of the 130i bmwp back box. 635 Euro delivered to Northern Ireland.
Thanks for the info on them. Salesafter.eu where looking 740 Euro delivered from a new dealer in Germany. They said that since it was not being made anymore than the dealer wanted to make money and so did they hence the price well they lost out a sale.

#10 ·
Scorp said:
Davy130 said:
Scorp said:
Subscribed!
What you mean?

I'm also looking for one.. but have found out via another persons recent enquiries last week in fact that it would seem the BMWP backbox is no longer being manufactured. See below.

I'd contact the folk at Leebmann and see if they have one, its a bit more expensive than from Salesafter (who have now unlisted it)

Guys and Gals..
I've gone and investigated with 2 BMW dealers about the 130i Performance exhausts and there's a possibility that BMW may have stopped or are winding down production.

I spoke to Alex Lander at Cotswold BMW on Friday and there was only one exhaust in stock and no indication of further stock at a later date.

I contacted Harry Fairbairn and initially they said there were 10 in stock, then messaged me to say those 10 were allocated to another market (assuming that's a market in Asia/Africa/South America).
The response to my query is here:

BMW order the exhausts from their warehouses in Germany.

Given that there was only one available BMWP exhaust I caved in and bought it.

I will keep this thread updated and keep in touch with BMW to check for availability.

There are the other supplier previously mentioned i.e. Leebman.de and Aftersales.eu but if they are ordering the performance exhausts from BMW in Germany rather than selling existing stock then availability will remain an issue.

I will of course still pursue the discounted group buy if there is enough interest.

There is also the option of the 135i Performance Exhaust (no known stock availability issues), though this will require a few modifications to fit the 130i.
I was told the same from my local BMW dealer. I checked in January and there was 1 left. Rang again to order it and the only one that was left was sold. My fault for leaving it. That was the one you got then. Lol

#14 ·
Boombap said:
Scorp said:
Boombap said:
How much increase in insurance premium can one except? (if any)

I need to ring up and find out before I order one ideally!
Your insurance company can comment, some are concerned, others are not.
I rang them up and.. they do not support such a modification :(

Looks like I'll be changing company!!
Oh dear. Was it that bad.

#15 ·
Davy130 said:
Boombap said:
Sounds like I may have to buy one now rather than risking a no availability situation!
Just bought mine from leebman.de. They had stock of the 130i bmwp back box. 635 Euro delivered to Northern Ireland.
Thanks for the info on them. Salesafter.eu where looking 740 Euro delivered from a new dealer in Germany. They said that since it was not being made anymore than the dealer wanted to make money and so did they hence the price well they lost out a sale.

I wonder if Leebman have any more about in stock?

#16 ·
Scorp said:
Davy130 said:
Boombap said:

I wonder if Leebman have any more about in stock?
I think they had a few. Email them with the item number of it from their site. Responded very quickly to mine.

#17 ·
@all

I'm also after a BMWP backbox if there is a group buy on the go.

#19 ·
Why do I feel a sense of panic. Hovering over the buy button and I'm not sure I even need it. My stock sounds great... Fab price though... Decisions decisions...

#20 ·
DAL14 said:
Why do I feel a sense of panic. Hovering over the buy button and I'm not sure I even need it. My stock sounds great... Fab price though... Decisions decisions...
I was reluctant posting the link.. but then nobody else would be aware of it!

Whether you need it or not is questionable, but if you have the funds then why not :D ;)

No doubt whether it will be worth it though.

#22 ·
That's what I have and 100k it sounds better than ever. Still tempted though!

#23 ·
There is also the option of the 135i Performance Exhaust (no known stock availability issues), though this will require a few modifications to fit the 130i.[/i]
Surely the 125i Performance exhaust would be a more suitable alternative if your going to relocate the hangers. The 125i box is cheaper and sharing the same N52 engine I imagine the diameter of the mid section pipe is also 63mm (2.5"), so it would mate to the mid section with a sleeve.

Fyi the 125i PE and 135i PE share the same muffler so there isn't any noise advantage picking one over the other..

If anybody picks up a 135i PE drop me a PM as I would be interested in buying the Ypipe from you :eek:

#25 ·
#26 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.