Baby BMW Forum banner

E87 depo V2 finally stopped working

2K views 21 replies 4 participants last post by  Bimmer112 
#1 ·
So as the title says my passenger side halo rings have finally died I tried my old lamp unit in and the side lights work fine, I have emailed ad tuning but unsure what the reply will be as my car is a Facelift model, I did email them before purchasing tho as the car is an auto without start stop technology and they said they would be fine.

I'm guessing that only one led had blown with is stopping the power from reaching the other one.

I see people have taken these out before and was wondering if the managed to fix it and did they have to split open the lights to remove the leds

Any help will be much appreciated

Cheers

#2 ·
V2's need splitting. Not difficult to split just all ball ache to get the correct rings to replace the broken ones.

If you can find exact replacements for the V2's let me know and I'll have some too.

These will work but are bigger than the depo rings I think (not measured them yet as mine are ok -
They do 90mm and 105mm diameter which is a pain as 100mm would be perfect I reckon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I had seen someone had taken the leds out and had found an osram one that was the same size would just need soldering in which wouldn't be a problem to be honest,.
Was hoping some one had done this already

#5 ·
Winston1192 said:
I had seen someone had taken the leds out and had found an osram one that was the same size would just need soldering in which wouldn't be a problem to be honest,.
Was hoping some one had done this already
No not as far as I know. Guinea pig it would seem lol

#6 ·
#7 ·
Bimmer112 said:
I also had seen someone on the forum changed leds, and used these to replace old ones - . Think this one could be of use - at page 5 - . I'm having the same problem. Is it necessary to split headlights to remove leds, or just unscrew two phillips screws from back side?
Hmmm there's no follow up post with the replacement LED and how it all went back together, or if it even worked at all.

So look like you're still the guinea pig bud lol

#10 ·
Hi Lee,

We can get the part to you next day, it is £38.30 delivered to you.

Best regards

Ben Read

Senior Sales Advisor

autoenhance

So this is the reply I got from m style for the one headlight

#11 ·
Winston1192 said:
Hi Lee,

We can get the part to you next day, it is £38.30 delivered to you.

Best regards

Ben Read

Senior Sales Advisor

autoenhance

So this is the reply I got from m style for the one headlight
Which is for what though?

And do you need to split the headlights to make the change?

Fingers crossed mate.

#14 ·
Twenny said:
just all ball ache to get the correct rings to replace the broken ones.
Not really THAT hard. EM Tuning can get you the right sizes if you want to go down the Morimoto route like I did. 100mm and 110mm. You don't need to go down the route of RGB like I did, you can just go for XSB and not have the amber switchback cable connected.

#15 ·
Sonic1506 said:
Twenny said:
Not really THAT hard. EM Tuning can get you the right sizes if you want to go down the Morimoto route like I did. 100mm and 110mm. You don't need to go down the route of RGB like I did, you can just go for XSB and not have the amber switchback cable connected.
Any more info on what you have had done pal 👍

#16 ·
Sonic1506 said:
Twenny said:
Yeah true, maybe ball ache isn't what I meant, but it comes with a serious price tag mate that's for sure to do what you've done.

#18 ·
Winston1192 said:
Any more info on what you have had done pal 👍
DEPO V2 split with the following modifications:

- Upgraded Dipped Beam Morimoto H1 (I believe) BiXenon Projectors with Morimoto HID Kit. I was going to go for D2S Projectors but couldn't justify the extra cost.
- Dummy High Beam Projector.
- Morimoto XBT-RGB RGB Rings (Inner & Outer).
- Morimoto XBT-RGB RGB Quad Demon Eyes (Inner & Outer).
- Morimoto XBT Bluetooth Controller to control the Rings/Demon Eyes.
- Modified indicator bulb holders for Morimoto LED Indicators.
- Morimoto Hi/Lo control file for the BiXenon projectors.
- Custom projector brackets.
- Sealed with Morimoto RetroRubber.

Built by one of the best in the country (EM Tuning) using some of the best parts (Morimoto).

They cost a pretty penny, incidentally, they will be up for sale within a month or so, so if you're interested, PM me.

You can see the RGB portions in action here, in the videos section: https://www.facebook.com/EM-Tuning-1151784784860017/. I have more videos on my Instagram. They are truly one of a kind and I was the FIRST in the UK to have a COMPLETE Morimoto build on a 1 Series, I may be the only one.

Twenny said:
Yeah true, maybe ball ache isn't what I meant, but it comes with a serious price tag mate that's for sure to do what you've done.

Price tag varies depending on what you go for. You don't have to go down the route I did and have the cost that I had, although EM Tuning did me a SMASHING deal and I had to pay a little bit more to have the brackets designed and made, the next person to have projectors upgraded in E8x DEPOs will save here.

You can do Morimoto XSB rings and leave the switchback wires disconnected if you just wanted white rings. You don't need the demon eyes but if you did then you don't need the controller as you can get away with just connecting the red/black wires if you wanted red demons or blue/black if you wanted blue or green/black if you wanted green. The RGB stuff is purely personal choice. The only reason I did it, is because I wanted to be different to the norm and I think it's pretty cool. I cannot fault EM Tuning in any way, his work is second to none, his customer service is amazing and the parts he uses are great quality.

I've had lights made by two other builders and I wish I didn't. Both of them were cowboys and I wouldn't recommend if they were the last people on the planet.

#21 ·
So guys for everyone here having this problem (there are many i'm sure :lol2: ): ad-tuning sent me leds which were pretty straight forward to replace. The biggest job is taking bumper off. Leds are just 4 bolts to remove, everything else is plug and play. The space is a little tight, but take your time and there wont be any problems :D Also take it easy on those screws because plastic is very, very soft (ask me how I know hahah).

#22 ·
Andd... After around 3 months, same angel eye stopped working again :( Sometimes it works perfectly, but in most cases it does not turn on. Found error in inpa 9CBC which is short circuit fault. Does anyone know more about this err? Depos showed error "Parking Light Left Front Failure " on the dash sometimes, so I coded cold and warm checks. Is it more possible that something is not wired correctly or something like that, or it is up to headlights/frm. So if someone knows something about this, I'm willing to listen to him :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.