Baby BMW Forum banner

New owner - encountering problems

412 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Stampy 
#1 ·
Hi all,

First of all thank you for the excellent resource of information on this site, its been very helpful.

I have owned my '08 118D MSport for 1 week today. On the second time I started it the lower pulley failed and so I had that replaced by a local garage for £370 (pulley, belt and labour)

Once I had the car back I set about cleaning it and noticed the central seatbelt appeared tight, so I pulled it down and there was a little slack. I read to lower the seat as this can release the inertia system, but all this has done is lock the seat in the face down position :x

I managed to remove the lower part of the seat and access the bolt, I read T50 but that doesn't seem to fit, and a T40 seems too small and I'm conscious of not rounding the head. Looking at the bolt under torch light it appears the bolt has been accessed before.

Frankly I am pretty fed up with the car at the moment. I love how it looks and drives, but these issues are distressing me big time :lol2:

Any advice on how to resolve the stuck bolt? I'm tempted to just drop it in a garage and ask them to do it.

Thanks,

Simon

See less See more
#2 ·
Stampy said:
I managed to remove the lower part of the seat and access the bolt, I read T50 but that doesn't seem to fit, and a T40 seems too small and I'm conscious of not rounding the head. Looking at the bolt under torch light it appears the bolt has been accessed before.

Frankly I am pretty fed up with the car at the moment. I love how it looks and drives, but these issues are distressing me big time :lol2:

Any advice on how to resolve the stuck bolt? I'm tempted to just drop it in a garage and ask them to do it.
Don't be disheartened, it's just a bolt. Try a T45.

#3 ·
Took it to the garage in the end.

They used a long socket extension to get the leverage on the bolt and struggled with it, but it's done now. No charge just a box of cupcakes :)

Going to use this as an opportunity to clean under the bench area and look for any evidence of past leaks etc.

Car is an Alpine white E81 118d Msport with xenons and climate. Got the LED rear lights too so I think I stumbled onto a decent spec (more luck than judgement :D )Will get some pics up soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.