Baby BMW Forum banner

Wheel Alignment E81 123d 2008

1K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Ktmpedro220 
#1 ·
Well I took my car in today to get it looked at and it's a disaster at the moment. N/s trackrod has seized so need to get that sorted before I can do it!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Your front and rear camber and rear toe are out too. Camber should be adjusted before toe. Your o/s/f toe which has been adjusted will need readjusting once your front camber is correct.

I'm not sure you had the most skilled person doing your alignment.

#6 ·
Some people like to run extra negative camber on the front of the 1 series, this is commonly known as the "camber pin mod".

The front strut top mounts have a small locating pin to centralise the strut in the factory position. Once this is removed the front camber can be adjusted.

Whether you want more neg camber at the front is down to personal preference. Your camber pins will need removing anyway to sort the camber.

Rear camber and toe are fully adjustable. Some people have also used M3 alignment specs on their one series. Again it's down to preference.

I'm sure your car will be much better with even an adjustment to factory specs.

#15 ·
OP I recently went for an alignment and had the same problem, seized track rod ends!

This I what I did to free them, take out the T50 bolt and spray a load of penetrating fluid on it, clean up the threads with a wire brush and carefully pry the slot slightly and get some more penetrating fluid on it. Leave it a day or so then try loosening the track rods by turning them on the square section with a good quality 13mm spanner which doesn't flex.

I found this got my track rod ends off in a flash when the garage couldn't do it themselves even after heating it.

Before I reassembled I cleaned up the threads and copper greased it all. Then alignment was easy for the garage and hopefully it won't seize again in future!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

#17 ·
Well managed to release the trackrod. Had to heat it up and play a lot. Got the tracking sorted. Looks like someone had already done the camber pins. Had a bit of worry then as the dash lit up. Took it to my very good indie who pointed out the steering wheel sensors etc and reprogrammed it. Job done. Worry hopefully over for a bit!! Cheers again all. Oh yeah the height was roughly 350. Cheers again Marco.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.