BMW recall

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series E81, E82, E87, E88.
Manufactured from 2004 to 2011

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

ludemon

Re: BMW recall

Post by ludemon » Fri May 18, 2018 9:12 am

330d uk wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 6:56 pm
rob180bhp wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:44 pm
Mines on the list.......

Any one have any documentation of what is done as I'll do it my self, no way am I wasting a day for bmw to do it
See here...

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e87- ... 1VnXVTK4Ol
That's it, exactly what I was looking for. Many thanks.

paddyboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by paddyboy » Fri May 18, 2018 5:29 pm

Just got my car back from Stratstone BMW in Harrogate - been in today for the recall

All seems so far so good - they confirmed they do get access to the fuse box but even all my stuff in the glovebox has been replaced exactly as it was

Good health check + video provided

And they even left it dirty for me as I requested
'09' 130i M Sport Auto - Le Mans Blue / Boston Beige Leather

Tez123d

Post by Tez123d » Mon May 21, 2018 7:34 am

Mines all booked in for the 10th of July with soper bmw in Lincoln, was told that was the earliest slot due to work load.

RMB123d
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by RMB123d » Mon May 21, 2018 8:35 am

Mine isn't on the gov recall list. Popped into dealer whilst passing and it is not required!?
2009 E82 123d M sport, space grey, 261m alloys, black leather, pro nav, focal audio. Wagner cooler, ecotune stage 1, BMWP exhaust, MPS4 225/255.
2004 E46 M3 SMG silver grey, fully loaded. Sold (huge mistake)
2003 E46 330ci mystic blue - sold

ardsam
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by ardsam » Tue May 22, 2018 4:34 pm

Is it normal for 116i 2010 to be called in for a recall, then told that as there are error codes relating to the brakes they can't do the recall work until we've paid £99+VAT to 'look into the errors'? Does the recall even have anything to do with this?

.Griff.
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by .Griff. » Tue May 22, 2018 4:37 pm

ardsam wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:34 pm
Is it normal for 116i 2010 to be called in for a recall, then told that as there are error codes relating to the brakes they can't do the recall work until we've paid £99+VAT to 'look into the errors'? Does the recall even have anything to do with this?
This recall is for a faulty battery/fusebox termination.

Where or how do the brakes come into play? Are you having issues with the brakes?
Gone - 135i M Sport DCT, Just picked up - SO M140i Shadow Edition 8ZF MPE

ardsam
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by ardsam » Tue May 22, 2018 4:40 pm

.Griff. wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:37 pm
ardsam wrote:

Where or how do the brakes come into play? Are you having issues with the brakes?
No this is why I'm confused, the mechanic we always use had a look over the car 2 weeks ago and said everything looks OK, the brakes seem fine when driving although on the MOT it said they were worn.

They apparently can't do the recall stuff until the codes are cleared... and mentioned something about brake pads crumbling away and fitted incorrectly, and something else about the vacuum unit and oxygen sensor??? What does this a have to do with the recall??

.Griff.
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by .Griff. » Tue May 22, 2018 4:44 pm

ardsam wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:40 pm
.Griff. wrote:
ardsam wrote:

No this is why I'm confused, the mechanic we always use had a look over the car 2 weeks ago and said everything looks OK, the brakes seem fine when driving although on the MOT it said they were worn.

They apparently can't do the recall stuff until the codes are cleared... and mentioned something about brake pads crumbling away and fitted incorrectly, and something else about the vacuum unit and oxygen sensor??? What does this a have to do with the recall??
Right I see.. I misread your previous reply.

I assume, and it's only my guess, that they don't want any potential liability on their hands for them carrying out recall work on a vehicle with "faults".

ardsam
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by ardsam » Tue May 22, 2018 4:45 pm

.Griff. wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:44 pm
ardsam wrote:
.Griff. wrote:

I assume, and it's only my guess, that they don't want any potential liability on their hands for them carrying out recall work on a vehicle with "faults".
Oh OK then, well I guess we will have to just leave it them because no way are we letting them loose, it's like giving them a blank chequebook!

.Griff.
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by .Griff. » Tue May 22, 2018 4:47 pm

ardsam wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:45 pm
.Griff. wrote:
ardsam wrote:

Oh OK then, well I guess we will have to just leave it them because no way are we letting them loose, it's like giving them a blank chequebook!
I'd get a local indy to look at it first. If BMW is correct, and there are issues with the brakes, it's going to be cheaper to rectify at the indy. They can then clear codes and you can go back to BMW for the recall work after.

ardsam
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by ardsam » Tue May 22, 2018 4:56 pm

.Griff. wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:47 pm
ardsam wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:45 pm
.Griff. wrote:

I'd get a local indy to look at it first. If BMW is correct, and there are issues with the brakes, it's going to be cheaper to rectify at the indy. They can then clear codes and you can go back to BMW for the recall work after.
Nice thanks - that's the plan I was thinking so glad you said it too. Thing is it's an 8y/o car, and when the brakes are fixed I'm sure they will start complaining about the start stop not working.

stevesurrey
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by stevesurrey » Wed May 23, 2018 5:38 pm

My dealership are completely useless. Dropped car off this morning at 9:30am for the recall work to be done. Been waiting all day for them to call and tell me when to collect it. Having heard nothing I just called only to be told it wont be done today. Said they'd had a lot of work on and mine didnt go into workshop until 2:30pm and mechanic cant finish it in time today.

This is the 2nd time my car booked in for the work too. Was originally booked in last week for a 1.5hour while-u-wait service but on arrival I was told it would be 3 hours so I hadnt the time for that and left.
E81 120D (N47) SE+Dynamic Package, 2007/57, M Sports Suspension, Montego Blue, Pro HU+HiFi Speakers & Dipstick

ludemon

Post by ludemon » Wed May 23, 2018 6:44 pm

stevesurrey wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 5:38 pm
My dealership are completely useless. Dropped car off this morning at 9:30am for the recall work to be done. Been waiting all day for them to call and tell me when to collect it. Having heard nothing I just called only to be told it wont be done today. Said they'd had a lot of work on and mine didnt go into workshop until 2:30pm and mechanic cant finish it in time today.

This is the 2nd time my car booked in for the work too. Was originally booked in last week for a 1.5hour while-u-wait service but on arrival I was told it would be 3 hours so I hadnt the time for that and left.
BMW main dealers seem to be more efficient in the south west UK. I went to BMW Westerly Exeter about 2 weeks ago to order some parts and they informed me that there was outstanding campaign QE work required for my car so I booked the car in for a week later and the work was done plus the recall work in 7 hours total. I checked the recall work later and it appears to be OK, although I'm not happy about a friction type (push-on) connector for the main cable to the fused distribution box, but that's a BMW design issue. Regarding the campaign QE work which was to do with replacing ignition coil and retrofit vacuum brake on-board diagnostics, I cannot so far find details of what work was done or any parts replaced.

Sonic1506
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Sonic1506 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:17 am

stevesurrey wrote:

What dealer did you use? I used Barons Watford for mine and they were spot on.

stevesurrey
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by stevesurrey » Thu May 24, 2018 10:32 am

Sonic1506 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 9:17 am
stevesurrey wrote:

What dealer did you use? I used Barons Watford for mine and they were spot on.
It's Cooper Croydon. Been told this morning that car went back into workshop at 9am and "SHOULD" be ready for collection at 1pm. That means a job originally booked for 1.5hrs will have taken 7-8 hours work. Either they giving me a load of B/S or they encountered some problem or made a c**k-up doing mine.
E81 120D (N47) SE+Dynamic Package, 2007/57, M Sports Suspension, Montego Blue, Pro HU+HiFi Speakers & Dipstick

Return to “E81, E82, E87, E88 (2004-2011)”