ABS DSC Parking Lights on Dash *** Fixed ***

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series E81, E82, E87, E88.
Manufactured from 2004 to 2011

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

Peter T
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

ABS DSC Parking Lights on Dash *** Fixed ***

Post by Peter T » Mon May 21, 2018 10:27 am

Hi,

Could I ask for some advice.

The above lights came on took it to a friendly independent and it was confirmed that the rear left was the issue. However the sensor was not deemed to be ate fault. I was advised to clean the sensor and the ring. The sensor was dirty so cleaned, so all good. However shining a light into the sensor hole to see it the ring required cleaning.... I could not see a ring on the drive shaft.

Question, on a 135i coupe is there a ring attached to the drive shaft or is the it attached to the hub bearing?

Thank you in anticipation.
Last edited by Peter T on Wed May 23, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter T
2011 E82 135i B1 M Sport Coupe | 7DCT | B1 375bhp | B1 Full Suspension | 19" Hartge Ultima's | Quaife LSD | Pro SatNav HDD | BMWP Heated Seats | BMWP Exhaust | BMWP Orange 6Pots | BMWP Carbon Lip | Kerscher Carbon Splitter | Rieger Diffuser

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: ABS DSC Parking Lights on Dash

Post by marco_polo » Mon May 21, 2018 10:29 am

On 6 pots it can be part of the bearing assembly.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

spud26
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by spud26 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:34 am

I've just had a problem with my rear right ABS sensor, I was also surprised when I looked down the hole to find there wasn't an ABS ring. Mines a June 2009 130i lCI so wondering if BMW changed the design due to the issues I've read about on here. There appears to be two lengths of sensor because the first replacement sensor I was sent was too fat for the hole and about 10mm shorter than mine.

Peter T
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Peter T » Mon May 21, 2018 10:36 am

Peter T wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:27 am
Hi,

Could I ask for some advice.

The above lights came on took it to a friendly independent and it was confirmed that the rear left was the issue. However the sensor was not deemed to be ate fault. I was advised to clean the sensor and the ring. The sensor was dirty so cleaned, so all good. However shining a light into the sensor hole to see it the ring required cleaning.... I could not see a ring on the drive shaft.

Question, on a 135i coupe is there a ring attached to the drive shaft or is the it attached to the hub bearing?

Thank you in anticipation.
Hi Marco,

Long time no chat, thank you for your reply.

Just to confirm it the rear bearing /abs assembly. If it is part of the bearing assembly then I sort of happy, I thought I was going mad, thinking where has the ring gone!!
Peter T
2011 E82 135i B1 M Sport Coupe | 7DCT | B1 375bhp | B1 Full Suspension | 19" Hartge Ultima's | Quaife LSD | Pro SatNav HDD | BMWP Heated Seats | BMWP Exhaust | BMWP Orange 6Pots | BMWP Carbon Lip | Kerscher Carbon Splitter | Rieger Diffuser

Peter T
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Peter T » Mon May 21, 2018 10:41 am

spud26 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:34 am
I've just had a problem with my rear right ABS sensor, I was also surprised when I looked down the hole to find there wasn't an ABS ring. Mines a June 2009 130i lCI so wondering if BMW changed the design due to the issues I've read about on here. There appears to be two lengths of sensor because the first replacement sensor I was sent was too fat for the hole and about 10mm shorter than mine.
Hi Spud,

Thank you for your reply.

Did you sensor read -+open circuit? Mine is reading on the tool that the sensor is ok, so after cleaning it and refitting it I still have the issue.... Not sure the best route to take....
Peter T

spud26
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by spud26 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:48 am

Not tested as it gave me the code and description for rear right once I got into the ABS system on my snap on kit. First batch of codes were really odd "Vehicle speed plausibility" and "Monitor Torque limit" but in the ABS section it cleared it up.
There was a bit of crap on my sensor and cleaned any grot off the hub just in case but the sensor is bust.

gregk286
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by gregk286 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:57 am

Must be that time of year! Just had to do BOTH front sensors on mine recently.
2010 E82 Space Grey 135i Coupe - N55

rm1
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by rm1 » Mon May 21, 2018 11:53 am

you will need a new bearing mine was seized and ended up with a new driveshaft at great expense.

Peter T
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Peter T » Wed May 23, 2018 10:04 pm

Hi,

Just to let you know that I have fixed my problem.

On Monday I ordered one of these.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REAR-LR-ABS- ... 2749.l2649

...... even though the tool stated that the sensor did not read sensor read -+open circuit. I thought I would take a punt as it was only £20.99 on eBay but to my surprise when I went to the PayPal site to confirm and pay it was discounted to £16.79!?! plus 2 day delivery, result. Even better 15 mins to install and drove it less than 5m to watch the lights go out. Happy Bunny.

Thanks to those that replied with input hopefully the eBay link will help 135i owners with similar/same issues
Peter T

Return to “E81, E82, E87, E88 (2004-2011)”