Baby BMW Forum banner

What Did You Do To Your 1 Series Today?

810K views 10K replies 890 participants last post by  Nyxeris 
#1 ·
Haven't seen a thread like this on here, So the idea is to post up what you did to your 1 Series. Types of things to post could be cleaning, maintaining, modifying, piloting it around a track, etc. Post pics if you can. This thread could inspire others to do something similar. I'll start...

Well as the weather was so bad I decided to paint the discs and calipers front and rear in silver and black to prevent the dreaded orange rust from showing through the wheels. And while was at it i fitted the Mud guards, strangely I didn't need to modify the mud guards for the M-Sport (I though it was essential).

(edited by mods as OP's photobucket pics are dead and the thread deserves a better main image!)

See less See more
#6,827 ·
#6,829 ·
GermansMastery said:
Hi @Supercati

just want to say love how your car looks mate! Regarding the exhaust tips. could you link me where you got the double exhaust from? is it as simple as just fitting the exhaust tips onto end of OEM? thanks
Hi!

It is not my car! :D
It's @Dan116i car, I hope he can answer your question :).

Dan116i said:
Removed the stainless steel exhaust tips on the BMWP exhaust and fitted carbon ones.

#6,830 ·
I finally did the Cruise Control retrofit.
Rob-the-Viking's original how-to pretty much guided me through
()
Sourced the parts on ebay (175quid) and had Nigel from Castle Performance do the programming he ended up having to recode the whole car but still charged me the flat fee of 65quid. I'd recommend him highly.

Hardware installation took about 1.5hours and was straight forward. Total cost was 240quid and and now I don't have to get leg cramps on motorway trips!! Can't believe I waited a year to do this.

#6,834 ·
GermansMastery said:
haha apologies mate!
Dan116i said:
Removed the stainless steel exhaust tips on the BMWP exhaust and fitted carbon ones.
Hi Dan.
just want to say love how your car looks mate! Regarding the exhaust tips. could you link me where you got the double exhaust from? is it as simple as just fitting the exhaust tips onto end of OEM? thanks
Cheers :)

So OEM 130i exhaust tips push straight on. I've got the BMW Performance exhaust with welded tips. So I had to remove the welds first. I got the tips from Aliexpress for around $40 each. 73mm inlet, 76mm outlet and asked for them to be 10cm long (they come as 17cm standard). The inlet size will most likely be different on an oem exhaust. These bolt straight on

Hope this helps :)

#6,835 ·
Dan116i said:
GermansMastery said:
haha apologies mate! Hi Dan.
Cheers :)

So OEM 130i exhaust tips push straight on. I've got the BMW Performance exhaust with welded tips. So I had to remove the welds first. I got the tips from Aliexpress for around $40 each. 73mm inlet, 76mm outlet and asked for them to be 10cm long (they come as 17cm standard). The inlet size will most likely be different on an oem exhaust. These bolt straight on

Hope this helps :)
Awesome buddy thanks for the tip. I'm really quite a noob when it comes to exhausts[emoji23] I'm more about the aesthetics.

So my 116i has that ugly oval shaped exhaust. So I'm sure I could fit one of them one. What I really want is the double exhaust tips like yours. Will that require a new backbox. I've seen on eBay exhaust tips that are attached to one(linked below) would they be alright. I really like the look of the alinexpress ones you linked but I want to go for the double exhaust look without actually having to change around the underneaths[emoji23]

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6,840 ·
Webarno said:
Stealth328Ci said:
Hey Webby!!

Car is looking so nice!! Love that colour!!

Bryan aka Stealth!!
Thanks man!
Wish it looked that clean right now though.

This poor weather drives me nuts :(
Tell me about it, its affecting business!!
Think I need to invest in one of those gazebo tent things and long term look for premises! Somewhere with some heating! :D

#6,843 ·
So the few mods I have done for my cone is a heat shield and I have run an intake pipe through my fog

My passenger fog light was already damaged so I decided to do a little bit of test fitting for an induction pipe and it works !!!

Here was my fog totally farked [emoji23]

Got creative and cut that ***** up lol

Flexible pipe was a purrrfect fit [emoji4]

Cone back on with heat shield should be a nice improvement. Due to heat my car lost 10wkw so yeah it's a big problem

#6,847 ·
Auto box on my 130i had a service this morning .... new filter, gasket + oil

I have a GM box which takes Dexron VI fluid - the stuff that came out was original (on 65k miles) + not too bad slightly darker than the new stuff going in but there were metal filings on the magnet in the sump which was obviously doing its job

All running very smoothly no clunking thru the gears as I had expected as the box has to 'relearn' the driving style

All very competently carried out by a Dutch man in Marsden, West Yorks :D

#6,849 ·
redwizard said:
paddyboy said:
All very competently carried out by a Dutch man in Marsden, West Yorks :D
Next time you see him, tell him Barrie says "Hi, and how's my quote coming along". :)
:lol2: Think I'll keep out of that one if you don't mind :thumbs:

I've always found him great to deal with + so is his work on my car that's why I am happy to go there

Plus its a nice drive over the moors from where I live and there's a great little cafe in Marsden which makes for a good waiting area