Expecting delivery of your 1 Series??

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series E81, E82, E87, E88.
Manufactured from 2004 to 2011

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis

Berry1989
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Expecting delivery of your 1 Series??

Postby Berry1989 » Fri May 03, 2013 8:33 pm

:band: ^^

N54 135i SGM/Coral - Pro Sat Nav // Online Assist // Bluetooth/USB // F&R PDC // Elec Fold Mirrors // Xenons // BMWP Grills // Darkline rears

View Here

ndevlin87

Postby ndevlin87 » Mon May 06, 2013 12:22 am

Jeegnesh wrote:It's here and I love it.

The car looks great Jeegnesh, congrats! Makes me even more excited for the 125i convertible I have on order. Same colour and seats as yours too. Was just wondering, can you make the rear headrests go all the way down and sit flush with the seats?

The Americans on 1addicts have started complaining that the factory have started welding in an extra piece of metal behind the seats which stop the headrests going down as they do on earlier models. I'm hoping its just a US model thing but wanted to check and you must be the most recent owner on here!

Jeegnesh
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Postby Jeegnesh » Mon May 06, 2013 10:54 pm

ndevlin87 wrote:

The car looks great Jeegnesh, congrats! Makes me even more excited for the 125i convertible I have on order. Same colour and seats as yours too. Was just wondering, can you make the rear headrests go all the way down and sit flush with the seats?

The Americans on 1addicts have started complaining that the factory have started welding in an extra piece of metal behind the seats which stop the headrests going down as they do on earlier models. I'm hoping its just a US model thing but wanted to check and you must be the most recent owner on here!

Will try this out for you tomorrow and report.

I can't believe that folding mirrors don't fold on lock. Did anyone manage to make the dealer do that for them?

Wibbles
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Postby Wibbles » Tue May 07, 2013 6:00 am

Mirrors can be coded to fold on lock very easily, you just need someone with a cable & the right software.
F21 M135i - AW CR - lots of options.
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here

markpinch
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Postby markpinch » Tue May 07, 2013 7:44 am

Jeegnesh wrote:
ndevlin87 wrote:

Will try this out for you tomorrow and report.

I can't believe that folding mirrors don't fold on lock. Did anyone manage to make the dealer do that for them?

Yep mine were coded from the factory just have to hold lock button for 2 seconds and they fold :D
Drives 5 door F20 114i SE in midnight blue

Jeegnesh
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Postby Jeegnesh » Tue May 07, 2013 11:19 am

Ndevlin87 wasn't sure exactly what you meant so I have taken a few pics to hopefully answer your question. BTW - you are gonna love the car once you get it.

ndevlin87

Postby ndevlin87 » Tue May 07, 2013 11:38 am

Jeegnesh wrote:Ndevlin87 wasn't sure exactly what you meant so I have taken a few pics to hopefully answer your question. BTW - you are gonna love the car once you get it.

Thanks so much for the photos! They answer my question perfectly. Basically on American spec cars from 2012 on, you couldn't lower the rear headrests beyond a certain point. They're stuck pretty high up and block your rear view even more. But I can see they're still allowing us Europeans to lower them all the way. Many thanks again, and yeah I'm so excited!

You were really lucky with your order I think. I ordered mine the week before you but I'm still being told to expect an end of May delivery. Your dealer must have gotten a build slot just before it was scheduled for production.

Jeegnesh
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Postby Jeegnesh » Tue May 07, 2013 11:43 am

ndevlin87 wrote:
Jeegnesh wrote:Ndevlin87 wasn't sure exactly what you meant so I have taken a few pics to hopefully answer your question. BTW - you are gonna love the car once you get it.

Thanks so much for the photos! They answer my question perfectly. Basically on American spec cars from 2012 on, you couldn't lower the rear headrests beyond a certain point. They're stuck pretty high up and block your rear view even more. But I can see they're still allowing us Europeans to lower them all the way. Many thanks again, and yeah I'm so excited!

You were really lucky with your order I think. I ordered mine the week before you but I'm still being told to expect an end of May delivery. Your dealer must have gotten a build slot just before it was scheduled for production.

I think your right as I was estimated end of May when I ordered and this was way before I thought I would get it.

It will be worth the wait, what options did you go for?

ndevlin87

Postby ndevlin87 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:45 pm

Jeegnesh wrote:
ndevlin87 wrote:

I think your right as I was estimated end of May when I ordered and this was way before I thought I would get it.

It will be worth the wait, what options did you go for?

Yeah in the grand scheme of things, waiting 3 more weeks isn't the end of the world. So glad I decided to do a factory order. Would never have found a 125i with the options I wanted otherwise.
I picked xenon lights, heated seats, cruise control, brushed aluminium interior trim and chromeline exterior trim. Chromeline seems to be a pretty rare choice these days but I think the contrast will look great against the carbon black.

What did you go for? Am I right in guessing you picked the harmon kardon speakers?

Jeegnesh
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Postby Jeegnesh » Tue May 07, 2013 9:12 pm

Stopped quoting, keep seeing those big pictures, getting disturbing :)

Same as you I went for new because I would never get the spec I wanted or was so rare that it would be hard to grab.

Media Pro, HK upgrade, Xenons, Heated Seats, Elec Memory Seats, Comfort Pack, Comfort Access, Folding Mirrors, sport plus came with its own extra's too. Could not get the red leathers which was on my original list.

ndevlin87

Postby ndevlin87 » Tue May 07, 2013 9:38 pm

Wow that's pretty fully loaded. I was thinking of the pro media and h/k sound but in the end I wanted to keep things simple and the price down. The sport plus is still pretty well spec'd as standard. Think I may end up going for the Alpine speaker update sooner rather than later though. Until then I'll have to make do with that 6 cylinder soundtrack!

Jeegnesh
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Postby Jeegnesh » Wed May 08, 2013 1:22 pm

ndevlin87 wrote:Wow that's pretty fully loaded. I was thinking of the pro media and h/k sound but in the end I wanted to keep things simple and the price down. The sport plus is still pretty well spec'd as standard. Think I may end up going for the Alpine speaker update sooner rather than later though. Until then I'll have to make do with that 6 cylinder soundtrack!

You have the advantage of the engine sounds, I had to make up for that :)

Berry1989
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Berry1989 » Thu May 09, 2013 9:17 am

N54 135i SGM/Coral - Pro Sat Nav // Online Assist // Bluetooth/USB // F&R PDC // Elec Fold Mirrors // Xenons // BMWP Grills // Darkline rears

View Here

stever_ss
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby stever_ss » Tue May 14, 2013 3:29 pm

Long time reader, first time poster - but thought it was time to say hello!

And the order is in, chopping in the repmobile A3 1.8 for a lovely new 125i E82 coupe :D

• Sports Plus
  • Le Mans Blue
  • Boston Leather w/ blue stitching
  • Business Media package
  • H/K Audio
  • Heated fronts
  • Folding mirrors
  • C/C

Dunno how I'm gonna cope waiting until the end of June!
F22 M235i /// Mineral Grey /// 8AT /// Pro Media /// HK Audio /// Adaptive /// Cruise & PDC /// Folding mirrors /// Heated Seats

Hers: F45 218i SE /// Mediterranean Blue /// Nav /// Cruise
Happy memories: E82 125i Sport+ /// Le Mans Blue

markpinch
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Postby markpinch » Tue May 14, 2013 3:40 pm

stever_ss wrote:Long time reader, first time poster - but thought it was time to say hello!

And the order is in, chopping in the repmobile A3 1.8 for a lovely new 125i E82 coupe :D

• Sports Plus
  • Le Mans Blue
  • Boston Leather w/ blue stitching
  • Business Media package
  • H/K Audio
  • Heated fronts
  • Folding mirrors
  • C/C

Dunno how I'm gonna cope waiting until the end of June!

V nice!

Welcome, the waiting will all be worth it on pick up day!

Enjoy!
Drives 5 door F20 114i SE in midnight blue

Return to “E81, E82, E87, E88 (2004-2011)”