130i hunters unite!

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series E81, E82, E87, E88.
Manufactured from 2004 to 2011

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

Coxy2807

Re: 130i hunters unite!

Post by Coxy2807 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:58 pm

THETYRANT wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:58 pm
This was still for sale when i enquired just before buying mine http://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=99948

It has a few miles on it but not excessive and its no problem for these cars to do a lot more, also most of usually bits that wear like waterpump, suspension, brakes etc have all been replaced fairly recently, i hope someone off here buys it then sells me the LSD :D
I read through the entire PH thread on this the other week, I had no idea it was for sale! Seems to be quite a while ago now though, I will make an enquiry.

THETYRANT
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by THETYRANT » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:01 pm

Coxy2807 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:58 pm
THETYRANT wrote:
This was still for sale when i enquired just before buying mine http://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=99948

It has a few miles on it but not excessive and its no problem for these cars to do a lot more, also most of usually bits that wear like waterpump, suspension, brakes etc have all been replaced fairly recently, i hope someone off here buys it then sells me the LSD :D
I read through the entire PH thread on this the other week, I had no idea it was for sale! Seems to be quite a while ago now though, I will make an enquiry.
I spoke with owner a week or so ago and he still had it, he is a busy guy and works away a lot so can be delay in reply but he will get back to you.

:)
--
Now on my 3rd 130i, this time a nice E81 in Graphite, Previously 2 x 130i and 2 x 135i

Camber plate project - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=96465

Suspension Quest thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=80208

Coxy2807

Post by Coxy2807 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:09 pm

THETYRANT wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:01 pm
Coxy2807 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:58 pm
THETYRANT wrote:

I spoke with owner a week or so ago and he still had it, he is a busy guy and works away a lot so can be delay in reply but he will get back to you.

:)
Thanks, the spec is not quite to my taste but I know the work he's put into it after reading the PH thread and it must be a formidable machine. Although I wouldn't have the experience of a standard car for reference!

THETYRANT

Post by THETYRANT » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:20 pm

Coxy2807 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:09 pm

Thanks, the spec is not quite to my taste but I know the work he's put into it after reading the PH thread and it must be a formidable machine. Although I wouldn't have the experience of a standard car for reference!
Same for me as while it has some very nice bits on there half the fun for me is doing it myself, that said i had pretty much decided on buying it pending a viewing and trying It as is and then swapping bits if I felt the need, there is money to be made selling off the parts and putting it back to stock ( I hope someone does that with the LSD) but it would be a shame to do too much as it should be a nice package as it is, if owner hadn't been away on work I would of probably bought it if viewing had gone well, but a low mileage car came up local while waiting him to return so I bought that instead.

Ian
--
Now on my 3rd 130i, this time a nice E81 in Graphite, Previously 2 x 130i and 2 x 135i

Camber plate project - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=96465

Suspension Quest thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=80208

Jack@AUTOID
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Jack@AUTOID » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:44 pm

I am still dying for a 130i LE if anyone is selling 😩
AUTOID
autoid.uk.com
jack@autoid.uk.com
‭020 7205 2429‬

E81 130i LE
BMWP Short shift kit, Handbrake, Side skirts. BMWP Front Bumper pending. Res delete. + few more bits.

Coxy2807

Post by Coxy2807 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:07 am

Jack@AUTOID wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:44 pm
I am still dying for a 130i LE if anyone is selling 😩
Have you been on the hunt for long? There's a nice looking LE on Auto Trader at the moment albeit at the higher end of the price spectrum. It's a little bit too far from me otherwise I would be arranging a viewing.

Jack@AUTOID
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Jack@AUTOID » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:48 pm

Yeah too far for viewing. Been chatting to the guy about the details though.
AUTOID
autoid.uk.com
jack@autoid.uk.com
‭020 7205 2429‬

E81 130i LE
BMWP Short shift kit, Handbrake, Side skirts. BMWP Front Bumper pending. Res delete. + few more bits.

paddyboy
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by paddyboy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:20 pm

Looking for an easy little project for the winter months?

Well here it is .... a 130i m sport (good spec 80k miles family owned) for the price of a good night out :lol:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Damaged-BMW- ... SwCtJaL8RG

Seriously though that's a lot of car for the money - no reserve and only 2 days to go on ebay auction
'09' 130i M Sport Auto - Le Mans Blue / Boston Beige Leather

markhurley
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by markhurley » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:00 am

paddyboy wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:20 pm

Well here it is .... a 130i m sport (good spec 80k miles family owned) for the price of a good night out :lol:

Seriously though that's a lot of car for the money - no reserve and only 2 days to go on ebay auction
Well speced car , or could buy it and turn it in to a track day toy
130i Birds B1 suspension,M3 front arms,M3 rear arms,Powerflex inserts ,BMWP strut brace,M135i front brake's,BMWP rear brake's, 28mm M3 front roll bar,20mm white line rear roll bar ,Quaife LSD,MPSCup2tyre's.

G1NGE

Post by G1NGE » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:09 pm

Hi all

I am selling my 130i - it is an absolute gem. Please, if anyone is interested, ask away.

Brief synopsis.

BMW 130i SE 07 Havanna Metallic Auto (paddle shift) proper torque converter (not dual clutch)
Pretty much fully loaded (except sunroof and heated seats)
Full main dealer BMW service history including all MOT inspections also with fully comprehensive BMW approved used warranty - paid yearly
Brand new tyres all round (non run flat high performance track/road hybrid Yokohama)
Only 46200 miles
2 owners (including myself)

I am really looking to sell it to another enthusiast who will look after it and perhaps take it to the next level of modification possible. Something which I considered but decided to keep it completely original. I am really fussy and have lovingly maintained this car as it deserves.

Cheers, G1NGE.

http://www.anym.co.uk/classified/af0ce- ... es-130i-se
Last edited by G1NGE on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

G1NGE

Post by G1NGE » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:24 pm

I am still getting used to posting so forgive me!!

G1NGE

Post by G1NGE » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:27 pm

paddyboy wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:38 pm
Coxy2807 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:23 pm
Thanks, It would seem that I can access the classifieds already? Perhaps my previous waffling post counted as 19 posts? Who knows, looks like a choice of only one 130i on the classifieds at the moment though.

I will be sure to add anything worthwhile to the other sections during my perusal.
That's good you straight into the Classifieds section - maybe the rule is you can't message anybody until 20 posts?

Anyway this is a great thread for people looking to buy + those looking to sell

Often you'll get somebody who's thinking of selling and posts in here just to see if there's any potential interest

So keep an eye here as well as on ATrader, ebay, PHeads and don't forget Gumtree - I've seen cars on there + nowhere else

Good luck with your search the 130i is an excellent car :thumbs:
Oh, yes, I think that may be me then!

Hello everyone, I have been the proud owner of my 130i for the last two years, but recently grew up, got married and now my wife is pregnant. The last time I had to sell anything close to my heart, was when we bought our house. That time it was my parachute, and I haven't managed to skydive since. Mind you, without a parachute, I don't think that would be wise!

Anyway, I am selling my 130i.

Ask away. Even if I don't sell it, at least I get to talk about the things I love with like minded people!

I am a real fuss pot, so I have pushed BMW all the way with things like the engine ticking (I made them replace the HVA (hydraulic valve adjusters) but thought to replace the head was just not necessary and I was a bit worried about the extensive work involved when it really doesn't have any negative effect on the engine). I can live with the occasional tick if she's been parked up for a few days or stopped and started on short journeys.

I also have her booked in at main dealer BMW this week for vanos solenoid replacement. I am getting a little stutter around 1500rpm. I called BMW assist who came out and read a fault code so I will make sure this is all done under warranty.

Basically my car is mint, and it is a proper genuine example. Some people may prefer manual, but believe me, changing gear on the paddles is brilliant and really allows you to engage with the hydraulic power steering, which is another brilliant feature on my pre-face lift model.

Anyway, enough of me rabbiting on, what are your thoughts then? Do you reckon I can find her a good home?

G1NGE

Post by G1NGE » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:12 pm

Faziiiii wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:32 am
Hello!!!!

I'm after a 130i too guys! Anybody know of any coming up for sale?

Must be 5 door, and have leathers along with a full service history.

Thanks in advance!
Faziiiii
Fazi - are you still looking? I've got a special treat for you if the money is right and my car is what you are looking for... It may end up with people fighting over it. That's not my intention at all... I just want to find a good home for my pride and joy.

paddyboy
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by paddyboy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:41 pm

markhurley wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:00 am
paddyboy wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:20 pm

Well speced car , or could buy it and turn it in to a track day toy
£2250 that's all it went for - somebody got a bargain there ... anybody on here?

Yes that would have made a great track day car at that price

paddyboy
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by paddyboy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:49 pm

G1NGE wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:27 pm
Anyway, enough of me rabbiting on, what are your thoughts then? Do you reckon I can find her a good home?
Hey welcome to the forum and what a low miler you've got there

You will find her a good home but you'll be aware your target market is really limited

Most of the folk on here will tell you the manual is the only 130i to have

With that in mind I would widen your net a bit and not put all your eggs in 1 basket by just advertising on here - you need to be on Atrader or the very least flea bay

You'll notice there are only 3 for sale in the UK at the moment - 1 has an MOT history full of oil leaks, the other has over 100k miles so that leaves the silver dealer car at £8995 on 54k miles and that's been around for ages so that's your only competition really

If this was a year ago I'd be all over yours like a fly round s*it ... I had to wait 6 months for mine to come onto the market good ones are really that rare

Good luck with it :thumbs:

Return to “E81, E82, E87, E88 (2004-2011)”