130i hunters unite!

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series E81, E82, E87, E88.
Manufactured from 2004 to 2011

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis

roundasapound
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: 130i hunters unite!

Postby roundasapound » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:44 pm

paddyboy wrote:Sensatec .... of course thanks for pointing that out coz I thought the 'leather' didn't look quite leather. That's a definite downside I know plenty of people say it doesn't matter you can't tell the difference but vinyl is sweaty vinyl at the end of the day and that's detracting from the value imo. Be looking very carefully at any future ads.

That's is complete and utter codswollop if anyone tells you there's no difference between sensatec and real leather. I've sat in both and there is no way I want vinyl seats. When I was looking full leather, heated seats, xenons, M Sport trim, E87 were non-negotiable.

Sent from my iPhone using
Japan Red 130i M Sport :wavey:
My baby bimmer: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=89303

JohnKimble
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Postby JohnKimble » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:47 pm

roundasapound wrote:That's is complete and utter codswollop if anyone tells you there's no difference between sensatec and real leather. I've sat in both and there is no way I want vinyl seats.

Can second this, the sensatec is crap. I looked at an otherwise absolutely mint example with under 30k two years ago, walked away cos there were literally no extras fitted to it and the seats were already wearing!

The 130i was the top spec hatch 1 series, doesn't feel 'right' for it to have a poor spec and interior IMO.
Ordered - F20 M140i manual
Now - 07 E81 130i For Sale

roundasapound
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

130i hunters unite!

Postby roundasapound » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:56 pm

Toed64 wrote:Excuse me if this has already been flagged...perhaps it belongs to a forum member. Anyway, it might be possible to build a nice, very cheap 130i from this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-130i-spar ... SwZQRYZt4y

That's a good find!

If someone could buy that for £1,200, has time and storage they could make a profit from parts alone. Even better if they could get it running and back to roadworthy.

pem10

Postby pem10 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:09 pm

Agree up to a point. Mine has some nice options but it depends on what you need the car for.
Heated leather very nice but the heaters great.
Sat nav not required as I know the roads.
Pro Hu? Turn the thing off wind the window down a bit and listen.
Having said that if I'd found a nice m sport half a mile away that would have suited.
130i se. Sparkling graphite metallic. Xenons darklines and roof spoiler.

roundasapound
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby roundasapound » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:41 pm

Cold mornings, long journeys and if lower back feeling stiff that's when heated seats are lovely. Really not interested in having interior leather without heated seats.

Someone suggested heated seats for keeping takeaway warm on the drive home lol.

Wind the window down to hear engine in warm weather yes. In cold winter no thank you.

I like some luxury comfort in the car.

golfer
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby golfer » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:05 pm

roundasapound wrote:Cold mornings, long journeys and if lower back feeling stiff that's when heated seats are lovely. Really not interested in having interior leather without heated seats.

Someone suggested heated seats for keeping takeaway warm on the drive home lol.

Wind the window down to hear engine in warm weather yes. In cold winter no thank you.

I like some luxury comfort in the car.

What a complete woose :roll: :lol:
2006 E87 130i M sport - Le Mans blue - black leather - several options but most importantly THAT engine and THAT chassis :spotman:

DC11
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby DC11 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:08 pm

I've been following this thread for a while now, and having recently purchased my second 130i, thought I would share my experience on mileage for any prospective buyers...

As others have already mentioned, don't let "high" miles put you off. These aren't new cars anymore and 100,000 miles is nothing for the N52, and when you consider that even FL cars have now reached 10 years old, it's the perishing rubber components that need to be considered. Regardless of mileage, i'd want to be overhauling the shocks, bump stops, top mounts, control/torsion arm bushes, subframe bushes, drop links (...you get the idea) on any 10-12 year old car.

In fact, I did and I am doing again... My old e87 had just over 90,000 miles when I purchased it, it was in great all round condition and I thought it drove tightly. However, due to it's mileage I set about giving it a chassis overhaul as mentioned above. The improvement was very noticeable, on what I thought was an already tight feeling car. I sold that car on 107,000 miles which strangely enough is the same mileage as the 130i LE i've just bought, and guess what? The LE doesn't feel as solid.

That's not to say it isn't a good car, it definitely is. It just that its bushes have been subject to our cold, wet, salty conditions for 10 years. Simply put, stuff (that's the technical term) ages, no matter what the mileage :)

I understand that to some people mileage is king, and I respect that, but unless your hoping to benefit from being sat on a low-miler future classic in 5 years time, don't let mileage put you off an otherwise sound car. Use the mileage to leverage a good price and you can spend the £1k-1.5k premium over a lower mileage car to put right the inevitable. :)
130i LCI | BMWP Brakes, Exhaust, Intake and Interior | Eibach Pro Springs | Whiteline Inserts | M3 LCAs

roundasapound
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby roundasapound » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:09 pm

golfer wrote:What a complete woose :roll: :lol:

:rotfl: I needed a sunroof because I hardly ever wind the window down. Climate is set at 20C man!

DC11
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby DC11 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:12 pm

Oh, and 'spec' can for the most part be retrofitted both easily and cost effectively.*

*Except Xenons, if Xenons are a must, the definitely don't buy a car without them! :D
130i LCI | BMWP Brakes, Exhaust, Intake and Interior | Eibach Pro Springs | Whiteline Inserts | M3 LCAs

roundasapound
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby roundasapound » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:14 pm

DC11 wrote:Oh, and 'spec' can for the most part be retrofitted both easily and cost effectively.*

*Except Xenons, if Xenons are a must, the definitely don't buy a car without them! :D

And a sunroof.

I seem to recall Redwizard had adaptive xenons retrofitted to his LCI for around £1.5k. The iDrive retrofit cost him more I think.

DC11
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby DC11 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:16 pm

roundasapound wrote:And a sunroof.

Nah, an angle grinder and a bit of cling-film will see you right. :)

roundasapound
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby roundasapound » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:26 pm

DC11 wrote:

Sacrilege!! :telloff:

DC11 wrote:..don't let "high" miles put you off. These aren't new cars anymore and 100,000 miles is nothing for the N52.. it's the perishing rubber components that need to be considered. Regardless of mileage, i'd want to be overhauling the shocks, bump stops, top mounts, control/torsion arm bushes, subframe bushes, drop links (...you get the idea) on any 10-12 year old car.

I understand that to some people mileage is king, and I respect that, but unless your hoping to benefit from being sat on a low-miler future classic in 5 years time, don't let mileage put you off an otherwise sound car. Use the mileage to leverage a good price and you can spend the £1k-1.5k premium over a lower mileage car to put right the inevitable. :)

Very sensible advice. I also very nearly purchased a 130i with just over 90k mileage.

But what is it about anything over 100k miles that is such a turn off that puts me off considering? It's like a mental block.

Why did you sell your original 130i? Did you at least attempt to buy it back? :lol:

golfer
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby golfer » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:30 pm

DC11 wrote:

Nah ! .... Not for our girl roundasapound.... I bet her car has double glazing :lol:
2006 E87 130i M sport - Le Mans blue - black leather - several options but most importantly THAT engine and THAT chassis :spotman:

roundasapound
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby roundasapound » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:36 pm

golfer wrote:
DC11 wrote:

Nah ! .... Not for our girl roundasapound.... I bet her car has double glazing :lol:

It has an eject button for anyone that winds down the window or fiddles with the climate control. Do it and die :twisted:

golfer
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby golfer » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:45 pm

roundasapound wrote:
golfer wrote:
DC11 wrote:

It has an eject button for anyone that winds down the window or fiddles with the climate control. Do it and die :twisted:

Yeah but you do have "dual" climate control ... So surely you have yours at 20 deg and The Giant has his at the temperature of his choice ..... I would think that's the fairest way of doing things :escape:

Return to “E81, E82, E87, E88 (2004-2011)”