Baby BMW Forum banner

Time to ditch the 19s

2K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  rob180bhp 
#1 ·
Ever since fitting 19s I have regretted but stuck with them as the car looked amazing but time has come to drop back down to 18s

The 19s left me with a huge reduction in feedback from the chassis, and that makes it less fun and involving to drive, I used to like to know when the car was going to slide now I have no idea until it's too late

My problem is / wad finding 18s to cover my f30 brakes it's such a gamble, so I have taken the sage bet with finding wheels that I know will fit

I have chosen the E92 m3 18in 260m alloys, found a straight used set and have sent them for a refurb, I'll stick with the tyres they come with for now until I change them for some decent rubber

Not my car but this is the look ill have

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

See less See more
#6 ·
I'm in the same boat as you rob, on the hunt for a nice set of 18s but can't decide what style. The car is so much nicer to drive with 18s on

#7 ·
With stock brakes you can have any 18s you like, bola do a nice range
I have 370mm brakes all round to cover and it's hit and miss what will or won't fit
And I saw a E90 with the same front brakes as me and had these wheels fitted
And they are light weight which is a bonus

#8 ·
Yeah bola do a lot of nice looking wheels. Do you have the bmwp brakes on yours or have you upgraded? I'm sure your car will look nice with those wheels, keeping them the same colour?

#11 ·
Very nice rob, I love the concave on the rears. For the record it's 17s for go, 18s for show and 19s for no. Oh wait perhaps that's shopping trolleys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Great wheels that look even better in the flesh than in photo's. I picked up a set for my E90 M3 to replace the original 19" 220's.

Had them refurbed in OEM Ferric Grey. Very happy with the result.

#15 ·
ndj said:
Great wheels that look even better in the flesh than in photo's. I picked up a set for my E90 M3 to replace the original 19" 220's.

Had them refurbed in OEM Ferric Grey. Very happy with the result.
Post some pics

#23 ·
#24 ·
Wheels look lovely always liked the 18" m3 wheel and really suit your car :)

Not overaly keen on the centre cap choice though 🤔

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.