Bring back that shine to your BMW.

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

Woody95
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Finally bought a foam lance

Post by Woody95 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:52 am

Joe wrote:
Woody95 wrote:And how's the OP going to do that when they've never even waxed or polished before...? So it'd be better to learn how to glaze and fill them whilst researching how to polish the swirls out and saving for a machine polisher.
I've polished many times.
Sorry I read your other post as 'I've never waxed or polished' not waxed and polished Image

Joe
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Joe » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:55 am

Woody95 wrote:
Joe wrote:
Woody95 wrote:And how's the OP going to do that when they've never even waxed or polished before...? So it'd be better to learn how to glaze and fill them whilst researching how to polish the swirls out and saving for a machine polisher.
I've polished many times.
Sorry I read your other post as 'I've never waxed or polished' not waxed and polished Image
Yeah I didn't word it too well. I meant I've never done both together. Always just done 2/3 costs of SRP.
2010 118i ///M Sport

barneyrubble
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by barneyrubble » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:02 am

If you've used SRP before then AG EGP over the top of that is really nice too.

My process is normally megs 205 on a DA polisher, followed by Blackhole, followed by a nice wax. Gives a really deep black. SRP would do the job by hand, and contains lots of filers anyway.
If it's got breasts or wheels - it's going to give you trouble

Crafty
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Crafty » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:50 am

I only use about an inch of snowfoam and add a bit of shampoo to the bottle as well, then fill with water.

SRP gives quite good results but I like 3M ultrafina. Easier than SRP by hand or machine. It breaks down really nicely with a DA. The first coat of it on the 1er was easily visible and it made the paint slick to the touch as well - quite impressive for brand new paint.

Using bilt hamber double speed wax at the moment. £15 with an applicator and buffing microfiber you can't go wrong.

Return to “Cleaning Products for your car”