Bring back that shine to your BMW.

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

Stegosaurus
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Auto Finesse detailing products

Post by Stegosaurus » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:07 am

i__am__clu wrote:
Stegosaurus wrote:Used AF snowfoam and it was pretty crap tbh. Never really clung to the car, and the only reply I got from their customer care team was 'Put more in your lance bottle' - despite me putting in the recommended amount.

Moved to Autobrite and they're incredible.

I still use AF shampoo and wheel cleaner, but I don't think I'll be getting any more from AF once I've used these both up sadly.
For the price of it there is definitely better products out there such as AB
Agreed, in 5 washes I've used most of the AF stuff, but in the same number of washes I've used barely any AB foam
Current: 2017 M140i F20 in Estoril Blue 'Lydia'
Many options

Gone: F20 118d M Sport in Estoril Blue 'Bex'
2 laps of the Nurburgring completed, 136mph achieved (autobahn), 48k miles covered

i__am__clu
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by i__am__clu » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:55 pm

I've had a big 5 litre bottle of AB stuff since I bought my lance 3 years ago. Granted I don't use it evmerytime I do a car but I've had a fair few uses out of smit seeing as they are snowfoamed twice.
328GT Modern in Glacier Silver
/ / / M140i on order, delivery due week47
Estoril Blue, Pro Nav, HK, Sun Glass, Comfort Package, Heated Seats

Stegosaurus
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Stegosaurus » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:07 pm

i__am__clu wrote:I've had a big 5 litre bottle of AB stuff since I bought my lance 3 years ago. Granted I don't use it evmerytime I do a car but I've had a fair few uses out of smit seeing as they are snowfoamed twice.
I bought the exact same recently, lance with a free 5l bottle. I'm still using the first 1L solution of it that I mixed up the first time I used it after a few washes now, and it's still working like a champ. Very impressed with it
Many options

2 laps of the Nurburgring completed, 136mph achieved (autobahn), 48k miles covered

Octavius
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Octavius » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:16 pm

Does anyone rate the Bilt Hamber snow foam. I've been tempted to try it.
MY SIGNATURE STOPPED WORKING AFTER AN UPDATE.

Octavius

Post by Octavius » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:14 pm

^^^^. Just ordered some for £17 delivered from Polishedbliss. Worth a try at that price.

i__am__clu
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by i__am__clu » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:09 pm

Octavius wrote:^^^^. Just ordered some for £17 delivered from Polishedbliss. Worth a try at that price.
Heard some good reports from it but not tried it myself. Let us know what it's like
328GT Modern in Glacier Silver
/ / / M140i on order, delivery due week47
Estoril Blue, Pro Nav, HK, Sun Glass, Comfort Package, Heated Seats

Octavius

Post by Octavius » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:12 pm

i__am__clu wrote:
Octavius wrote:^^^^. Just ordered some for £17 delivered from Polishedbliss. Worth a try at that price.
Heard some good reports from it but not tried it myself. Let us know what it's like
Will do.

moulin12
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by moulin12 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:12 pm

Stegosaurus wrote:Used AF snowfoam and it was pretty crap tbh. Never really clung to the car, and the only reply I got from their customer care team was 'Put more in your lance bottle' - despite me putting in the recommended amount.

I still use AF shampoo and wheel cleaner, but I don't think I'll be getting any more from AF once I've used these both up sadly.
I currently use Gyeon Q2M or AB Magifoam, and I'm a fan Of AB's Banana Gloss shampoo - easy on your LSP and smells lovely. AB also do a nice range of fresheners as well, though I try to be easy on that sort of thing, especially on a new car (don't want to pollute the new car smell!).

Regards AF Avalanche, which I've also used and found to be runny, I have been told that a more runny mix both lifts and shifts the dirt, more than a foam that sits on top. I'll defer on that one to the experts here, such as Blackroc.

In general, I quite like AF products: Sprintz, Oblitarate, Vision and Cystal are always to hand, whilst products such as Total, Glisten, Mint Rims etc have their occasion and purpose. Recently needed an extra drying towel - was very impressed with an AF one, though how long it continues to wick has yet to be tested.

I think it's a case that as you try more products and learn more about how they work - and how they're supposed to used - you realise that no one brand has the monopoly, and that the number of truly unique, winning products out there is marginal.

You also learn that with the money you're spending on this hobby you probably could have afforded to have your car fully and professionally detailed every six months; but where's the fun in that?
F22 M240i 8AT

Stegosaurus
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Stegosaurus » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:22 pm

moulin12 wrote:

I currently use Gyeon Q2M or AB Magifoam, and I'm a fan Of AB's Banana Gloss shampoo - easy on your LSP and smells lovely. AB also do a nice range of fresheners as well, though I try to be easy on that sort of thing, especially on a new car (don't want to pollute the new car smell!).

Regards AF Avalanche, which I've also used and found to be runny, I have been told that a more runny mix both lifts and shifts the dirt, more than a foam that sits on top. I'll defer on that one to the experts here, such as Blackroc.

In general, I quite like AF products: Sprintz, Oblitarate, Vision and Cystal are always to hand, whilst products such as Total, Glisten, Mint Rims etc have their occasion and purpose. Recently needed an extra drying towel - was very impressed with an AF one, though how long it continues to wick has yet to be tested.

I think it's a case that as you try more products and learn more about how they work - and how they're supposed to used - you realise that no one brand has the monopoly, and that the number of truly unique, winning products out there is marginal.

You also learn that with the money you're spending on this hobby you probably could have afforded to have your car fully and professionally detailed every six months; but where's the fun in that?

Agree with the foam, I know it's not meant to just sit on the car, but the AF stuff I used came out like soapy water and didn't shift anything at all. Really wasn't impressed at all
Many options

Rustynut
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Rustynut » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:59 pm

I am a fan of AF and there snow foam is very good as long as you get it rite i have just got the brit one too but it can get very thick and does not work as well but with a lot of detailing and keeping the car clean it is all in the prep and snow foam can sometimes give you a touch less wash

moulin12
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by moulin12 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:37 pm

Rustynut wrote:I am a fan of AF and there snow foam is very good as long as you get it rite i have just got the brit one too but it can get very thick and does not work as well but with a lot of detailing and keeping the car clean it is all in the prep and snow foam can sometimes give you a touch less wash
Yeah, the jury's still out for me on magifoam as well: sticky and creamy but not sure it does the job. I had been using a mix of AF Avalanche and Q2M and may go back to that.
F22 M240i 8AT

Rustynut
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Rustynut » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:02 pm

moulin12 wrote:
Rustynut wrote:I am a fan of AF and there snow foam is very good as long as you get it rite i have just got the brit one too but it can get very thick and does not work as well but with a lot of detailing and keeping the car clean it is all in the prep and snow foam can sometimes give you a touch less wash
Yeah, the jury's still out for me on magifoam as well: sticky and creamy but not sure it does the job. I had been using a mix of AF Avalanche and Q2M and may go back to that.
I have never used magi foam so can not comment on it to be honest

Mr Scruff

Post by Mr Scruff » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:25 pm

Just a heads up chaps, it's 3 for 2 on Auto Finesse products at polishedbliss just now :)

robsaboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by robsaboy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:17 pm

Octavius wrote:
i__am__clu wrote:
Will do.

Used it yet? Works well in pump sprayer with hot water.
M140i, Mineral Grey

Octavius

Post by Octavius » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:30 pm

robsaboy wrote:
Octavius wrote:
i__am__clu wrote:
Will do.

Used it yet? Works well in pump sprayer with hot water.
Not yet. Still using the dregs of the foam I had. Maybe next weekend if i can get a day off work.

Return to “Cleaning Products for your car”