"What's it worth" threads

Offer ideas and suggestions on how you think this forum can be improved.

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

Locoblade
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

"What's it worth" threads

Post by Locoblade » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:42 pm

Am I the only one that's getting a bit bored of the numerous cars for sale adverts masquerading in the main forums as "how much is my car worth" threads? In the x35/x40 section there's at least 3 on the first page alone and many already have their cars for sale or have prices from dealers for trade in so they obviously know how much they're worth really. I think here they're especially prolific as the for-sale section is restricted access so people are abusing the system trying to get interest from the higher traffic main forums rather than genuinely wanting valuation advice.

Would a separate sub forum for them be an idea, it gives those genuinely asking or wanting to give advice an avenue but at the same time doesn't clutter up the main forums?

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: "What's it worth" threads

Post by marco_polo » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:00 pm

I don't understand what's so hard about looking for a couple of comparable cars on eBay, AutoTrader, Pistonheads, etc?? :?
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Locoblade
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Locoblade » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:16 pm

Precisely, all the more reason to think they're just adverts in disguise. A sub-forum would help that too as if all the threads are together those few who are genuinely looking for guidance could look through all the previous posts and get an idea without even needing to ask.

Gary_LB
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Gary_LB » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:20 pm

Exactly. They tend to involve someone asking for advice then challenging the feedback received when it’s lower than expected
Now - 2017 Audi S4 Black Edition

Then - M235i, M135i, 120d M Sport Coupe, Subaru Impreza, Toyota Celica T Sport 190, VW Golf GTi Mk4, Saxo VTR

Return to “Forum Ideas & Suggestions”