Offer ideas and suggestions on how you think this forum can be improved.

Moderators: marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin, Rich196

DurhamLad1973
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by DurhamLad1973 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:38 pm

Why do I always have to log in every time I come on here? I know it really doesn't matter one jot but..... :lol:
2017 F20 M140i / Estoril Blue / Pro Media / Heated Black Leather / Full Black Panel Display / Front & rear PDC / Electric Folding Mirrors / Auto Box / Sun Protection Glass / Gloss black MP grille

Nottsknots
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Log in

Post by Nottsknots » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:39 pm

So we know whos posting? :D

(And probably because Single Sign-On can be a pain in the a$$ to implement when you're not in control of your hosting infrastructure).
E87 118d, stock, plus PDC control unit drain, Parrot, debadged, Mothercare baby shades (but no babies), and occassionally a good layer of wax. Instantly forgettable, and thats the way I like it.

DurhamLad1973
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by DurhamLad1973 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:03 pm

Nottsknots wrote:So we know whos posting? :D

(And probably because Single Sign-On can be a pain in the a$$ to implement when you're not in control of your hosting infrastructure).
Even though I always tick the "remember me" box?
2017 F20 M140i / Estoril Blue / Pro Media / Heated Black Leather / Full Black Panel Display / Front & rear PDC / Electric Folding Mirrors / Auto Box / Sun Protection Glass / Gloss black MP grille

superram
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by superram » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:08 pm

DurhamLad1973 wrote:

Happens to a lot of us, so you're not alone.
Proper frustrating when you've just written a post or uploaded some pics, then it asks you to log in!

DurhamLad1973
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by DurhamLad1973 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:23 pm

superram wrote:
DurhamLad1973 wrote:

Happens to a lot of us, so you're not alone.
Proper frustrating when you've just written a post or uploaded some pics, then it asks you to log in!
That's good to know I'm not alone. :lol:

Octavius

Post by Octavius » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:45 pm

Tapacrap or web browser :?:
MY SIGNATURE STOPPED WORKING AFTER AN UPDATE.

superram
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by superram » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:06 pm

Web browser for me. Tapatalk (when I use it) is fine.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

DurhamLad1973
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by DurhamLad1973 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:11 pm

Web on my iPad.

gsal
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by gsal » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:15 pm

Firefox remembers unless you quit it which deletes your history.
BMW 2011 118d M-sport.

Joe
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Joe » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:19 pm

Does happen a lot unfortunately. Try this though:

Go to user control. Profile. Manage log in keys. Then delete all. It worked for me when I was having this issue.
2010 118i ///M Sport

DurhamLad1973
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by DurhamLad1973 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:20 pm

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:48 pm

Google Chrome remembers it too 99% of the time.

Nottsknots

Post by Nottsknots » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:32 pm

DurhamLad1973 wrote:Why do I always have to log in every time I come on here? I know it really doesn't matter one jot but..... :lol:
This has been bugging me ever since I read your post, and I still haven't cracked it on my iPad with native keyboard. HOWEVER, I have downloaded SwiftKey (which is free) just to see whether it's any good, and lo and behold, I now get a password option just above the keyboard when I start to log in. I key in my user name, hit password, and it populated it for me.

Not had any adverse side effects from SwiftKey, so I'm going to carry on with it.

By the way, there are some adverse comments about the permissions required by SwiftKey, but if you read the developer notes, they explain it very eloquently, so I don't believe it's anything like the security risk some may it out to be.
E87 118d, stock, plus PDC control unit drain, Parrot, debadged, Mothercare baby shades (but no babies), and occassionally a good layer of wax. Instantly forgettable, and thats the way I like it.

DurhamLad1973
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by DurhamLad1973 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:08 pm

Nottsknots wrote:
DurhamLad1973 wrote:Why do I always have to log in every time I come on here? I know it really doesn't matter one jot but..... :lol:
This has been bugging me ever since I read your post, and I still haven't cracked it on my iPad with native keyboard. HOWEVER, I have downloaded SwiftKey (which is free) just to see whether it's any good, and lo and behold, I now get a password option just above the keyboard when I start to log in. I key in my user name, hit password, and it populated it for me.

Not had any adverse side effects from SwiftKey, so I'm going to carry on with it.

By the way, there are some adverse comments about the permissions required by SwiftKey, but if you read the developer notes, they explain it very eloquently, so I don't believe it's anything like the security risk some may it out to be.
My iPad auto fills the pass word from the generic keyboard.

Timewarp
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Timewarp » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:49 am

It's either a phpBB bug or some configuration issue on the server. My post about it: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=89756

The local cookie containing the remember me key gets blanked from time to time for some reason.
m140i... arrived!

Black / Black / Auto / Ad Sus / HK / Comfort Package / Sun Pro / Pro-Nav / Seat & Wheel Heating / Comfort Access / Rev Cam / Folding Mirrors / Mem Seats / T Load / Adaptive LEDs / HB Assist / Park Assist

Return to “Forum Ideas & Suggestions”