Baby BMW Forum banner

It doesn't remember me

5K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Timewarp 
#1 ·
Sometimes I need to login to the forum when I visit, despite always checking the remember-me box.

Is this a known issue?

I'm on Chrome on Mac OSX 10.

#3 ·
marco_polo said:
This is an issue at your end I'm afriad, I'm using Chrome and don't have the issue.
Chrome on Mac?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I have the same issue, but it seems to be device related. If I use a new device and login it then logs me out of all other devices but as I flit between mac, phone and iPad I always have to login each time!! :D

#5 ·
Odd I use Tapatalk as well as the site. I can see loads of sessions listed if I check my profile though.

#7 ·
Happens to me maybe 1 in 3 visits, across all devices and has done for a couple of years. Drives me fcukin' nuts and seems to be getting worse.
It even logs me out in between starting a reply to a post and hitting submit. Many occasions I just can't be arsed re-typing.

#8 ·
Same problem here, only tends to be my apple devices though.

Sometimes when I revisit I'm logged in automatically, only to end up signed out after reading two or three threads.

Problem only started for me when the forum was upgraded from the "user details on the left" to "user details on the right" format.

#10 ·
I cant comment on this as I personally don't auto log in.
There doesnt appear to be any wide spread issue with it across other forums, and no code has been changed.
As it has been said above, it is probably user specific, and all that can be recommended is to delete cache, temp internet files etc etc.

Also take a closer look at your User Control Panel and in the Profile section, there is Manage "Remember Me" login keys. Take a look there.

To be honest, I would just sign in each time you use the forum.

#11 ·
Mine does it occasionally on both mobile and laptop. I've saved my user ID and pwd, I just RE login

#12 ·
It's a mixture of browser caching, and differing login keys created on different devices.

Hence why you can come back and appear to be logged in still (using the cache), but you then get logged out when reading a new thread (cache cleared). The site will then compare keys and they will be different if on a new device so you will be logged out.

Annoying, and a bit complex, but if you are using Apple devices just use keychain to login as its not much hassle.

I write this stuff all day. :D

#13 ·
OneTwenty said:
It's a mixture of browser caching, and differing login keys created on different devices.

Hence why you can come back and appear to be logged in still (using the cache), but you then get logged out when reading a new thread (cache cleared). The site will then compare keys and they will be different if on a new device so you will be logged out.

Annoying, and a bit complex, but if you are using Apple devices just use keychain to login as its not much hassle.

I write this stuff all day. :D
Yes but if you look at login keys in your profile, it allows multiple ones to be stored. That should really be one for each device. I have loads in there despite only logging in from one browser + Tapatalk. By verdict : probably a bug in the version of the forum software we have.

#14 ·
Irrespective if I'm at the office or home I always clear my internet history / cache from a security aspect and similarly with Norton 360 "File Cleanup" followed by closing the PC's, there are occasions as a result that require a "log-In" but to be honest I don't have an issue especially as each PC "remembers" my log-in details.

dorsetred :cool2:

#15 ·
It happened again this morning.

Just checked cookies and it appears that something is clearing the remember-me key cookie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.