Alfa Giulietta

Post your comments, thoughts, pictures etc of non BMW 1 Series cars here.....

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

Thrash
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Alfa Giulietta

Post by Thrash » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:21 am

Hi guys,

Potentially looking at one of these for the missus, or myself if she starts using my 140 :roll:

So just wondering if anyone has any experience with one? The reviews aren't the best and I certainly wouldn't consider buying a Fiat...but it's an Alfa and I think it's probably one of the best looking hatches out at the minute.

The main thing concerning me is the depreciation, I got a PCP quote on a new one and after 4 years its GFV is about £6k, on a car with a list price of £25k thats absolutely shocking but I guess because they have massive discounts; I've been using carwow and you can get 30% off that list price of £25k. Obviously that just shows it isn't worth that list price.

I would go and test drive one but they don't have many dealers around and I'm not totally set on one at the minute.

So yeah, any Alfa experience would be good.

Thanks in advance.
2018 Mercedes-Benz C200 AMG Line Coupe Polar White
2017 BMW M140i Alpine White, Coral leather - 5 door, sports automatic, driver comfort pack, front & rear PDC, sun protection pack, heated front seats - gone!

nivens
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Alfa Giulietta

Post by nivens » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:33 pm

Depreciation will be horrendous. I considered them when I was replacing my 147 but when having been a member of the alfaowner forum a long time it seemed the general running costs and 'known problems' on the Giulietta were going to be worse than the 147 range so I didn't even bother going to look at any. Still lust over a new Veloce thats been turning up at the local train station car park though. If you get one on a decent PCP deal I'd imagine you'll probably be alright if you've got luck of patience in any sort of combination.
2005 E87 130i

JohnKimble
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by JohnKimble » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:56 pm

If you're still looking, I have little bit of experience. By all accounts, quite a decent steer but some negatives:

- My old boss had a bog standard spec one and the interior was atrocious. Dismally depressing
- My missus' mother had one and it was frequently in the dealer. Most worryingly with with several complete losses of power on the motorway, and boot lid electrical cables that destroyed their own insulation :shock:

It's also pretty much an 8 year old car, the Golf has had almost two lifecycles in the time Alfa has been producing the Giulietta, I think it's age will show when you're sitting in one
F20 M140i Shadow manual
Was - E81 130i

bertie_mollie

Post by bertie_mollie » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:12 pm

How about a 147 or a GT? They are fun and the previous owners have already taken the depreciation hit.

Return to “Other Cars”