Mini One Tyres...dunno what to get

Post your comments, thoughts, pictures etc of non BMW 1 Series cars here.....

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

MontegoBlue
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Mini One Tyres...dunno what to get

Post by MontegoBlue » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:48 am

In little dilema (well kind of) Need to replace Mrs MontegoBlue's tyres on her 2009 Mini One.

She has X2 Landsails on rear (which her dad bought her last year, this angered me somewhat...) I wouldn't dare put these ditch finders on imo.

..and she has X2 very worn Goodyears (I bought her) on front.

So I need to replace these, what should I get? Going to pay to replace them Landsharks or whatever their called at back out of my own wallet anyway, so going to get X4.

Should I get X4 winter tyres? X4 Summer tyres? X4 All season tyres....decisions. Costco do Goodyear 4Seasons at £280 all in.

...or i can get Avon Winter WT7 tyres for £200 at National, these will see her through to next year at least?..just thinking of the weather for next few months also - im leaning more towards full stack winters for her skinny 185's...
Current - 2012 318d N47 Touring - 78,000 miles
Past - 2008 118d N47 - last seen 180,000 miles

pem10
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Mini One Tyres...dunno what to get

Post by pem10 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:56 pm

Never had winters on a car but have on a van and they do make a difference. Should be a lot safer through the winter months. If she doesn't do many miles or drive too enthusiasticly they will be fine in the summer as well .
As a side note don't expect summer tyre levels of grip or refinement when it warms up.
Hope thats helped.
130i se. Sparkling graphite metallic. Xenons darklines bmwp intake and roof spoiler. Now with added 313 goodness.

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Mini One Tyres...dunno what to get

Post by marco_polo » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:11 pm

Do Michelin make Cross Climates in a suitable size?
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Return to “Other Cars”