A4 Avant 3.0 TDI. Now with 2017 S4 Avant.

Post your comments, thoughts, pictures etc of non BMW 1 Series cars here.....

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

User avatar
Japanred120d
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 3696
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: South/West Yorkshire

Re: A4 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro. Now with facelift retrofit.

Post by Japanred120d » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:26 pm

Glad you are still enjoying it Oliver.

I'm about to put my 325i on autotrader. Will be going on tomorrow.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Two owners from new.
Very good condition inside. Good condition outside.
Full service history. Next service due June 2018.
All receipts and MOT's from new including original invoice. Very comprehensive history included with this car.

Very high spec all factory fitted:
Sat nav.
Xenons.
Full leather.
Heated sports seats.
Multifunction steering wheel.
Dual zone climate control.
Cruise control.
BMW intelligent iDrive system.
Parking sensors with visualisation on iDrive.
Bluetooth phone connection through iDrive.
£4250.

Only selling as I've just bought an M3. Has been a fantastic runaround for the past 3 years.
2015 BMW F80 M3 Grigio Telesto individual. Carbon kit
2008 Porsche 997 911 Carrera 4S. Black. Factory fit Aero kit
Gone: 2007 BMW E92 325i coupe Arctic Metallic
Gone: 2012 BMW F20 118d sport Alpine White
Gone: 2005 BMW E87 120d sport Japan Red

oliver
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2689
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: A4 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro. Now with facelift retrofit.

Post by oliver » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:03 pm

I just ordered a brand new S4 Avant!

-Sports Differential
-Light and Vision Pack (Matrix Headlights)
-Daytona Grey
-19" 5 spoke V design alloys
-Black Grille and Wing Mirrors
-Electric Wing Mirrors
-"Quattro" LED entry puddle lights (lol)

I didn't order any useless extras. Should be amazing with the sports differential. I test drove one last week and bloody hell they're quick!! Lovely Porsche developed engine.

I'm keeping this 3.0TDI until it dies. It's booked in for DPF removal and stage 2 remap next week. DPF kept getting blocked so it's coming out. Car has done 120,000 miles so far no other problems. It's a great car and I don't want to sell it.

User avatar
rjwojcik
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2560
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:46 am
Location: Essex, UK

Re: A4 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro. Now with facelift retrofit.

Post by rjwojcik » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:53 pm

Very nice. :spotman:

Get some pics up. Is there an equivalent of TRL in the Audi world?
2016 M3 CP - Mineral Grey / Black - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=87243
Gone : 2009 135i - Le Mans Blue / Black -
viewtopic.php?t=30839
(Team Rob)

oliver
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2689
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: A4 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro. Now with facelift retrofit.

Post by oliver » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:03 pm

Yes potentially, but I'd have to make sure he's OK with sharing details. I've never had a new car before. Managed to get a November delivery which is super quick too!

I'll have to sort out a new photo account thingy....photobucket has gone all premium. What is everyone else using to host images?

Oh and Hi Rob, sorry I missed your message I hope the M3 is doing you well!!

User avatar
rjwojcik
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2560
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:46 am
Location: Essex, UK

Re: A4 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro. Now with facelift retrofit.

Post by rjwojcik » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:20 pm

You can now upload images straight onto this forum, so no worries in that department.

The M is doing very well, cheers :)
2016 M3 CP - Mineral Grey / Black - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=87243
Gone : 2009 135i - Le Mans Blue / Black -
viewtopic.php?t=30839
(Team Rob)

Gary_LB
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1862
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Re: A4 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro. Now with facelift retrofit.

Post by Gary_LB » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:26 pm

oliver wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:03 pm
I just ordered a brand new S4 Avant!

-Sports Differential
-Light and Vision Pack (Matrix Headlights)
-Daytona Grey
-19" 5 spoke V design alloys
-Black Grille and Wing Mirrors
-Electric Wing Mirrors
-"Quattro" LED entry puddle lights (lol)

I didn't order any useless extras. Should be amazing with the sports differential. I test drove one last week and bloody hell they're quick!! Lovely Porsche developed engine.

I'm keeping this 3.0TDI until it dies. It's booked in for DPF removal and stage 2 remap next week. DPF kept getting blocked so it's coming out. Car has done 120,000 miles so far no other problems. It's a great car and I don't want to sell it.
Congrats on the purchase! I picked up my new S4 last thursday which was a stock car so i did not have to wait long fortunately. I'm over the moon with it so far and still running in so not pushed it yet but you are right, its quick but also extremely composed and the 60/40 rear bias 4WD limits understeer also.
Now - 2017 Audi S4 Black Edition

Then - M235i, M135i, 120d M Sport Coupe, Subaru Impreza, Toyota Celica T Sport 190, VW Golf GTi Mk4, Saxo VTR

oliver
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2689
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: A4 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro. Now with facelift retrofit.

Post by oliver » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Q car?
Attachments
IMG_0210.JPG
IMG_0210.JPG (25.46 KiB) Viewed 323 times
IMG_0209.JPG
IMG_0209.JPG (23.78 KiB) Viewed 323 times
IMG_0208.JPG
IMG_0208.JPG (35.88 KiB) Viewed 323 times
IMG_0206.JPG
IMG_0206.JPG (35.68 KiB) Viewed 323 times

oliver
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2689
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: A4 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro. Now with facelift retrofit.

Post by oliver » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:12 pm

How you supposed to break in these engines then Gary?

Some people say leather it and some say take it easy. I don't think I'll be able to cruise for 2000 miles no way!!!!

Gary_LB
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1862
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Re: A4 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro. Now with facelift retrofit.

Post by Gary_LB » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:30 pm

oliver wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:12 pm
How you supposed to break in these engines then Gary?

Some people say leather it and some say take it easy. I don't think I'll be able to cruise for 2000 miles no way!!!!
I’m one for following the manual so I’m taking it easy. 400 miles in so far and I am just about managing to cont on myself with another 800 to go! The interior is sublime which makes it a little easier to cruise in while being patient however the engine sound is intoxicating so can’t wait to increase the revs!

Daytona Grey is a good colour choice it looks excellent in the flesh. Mine is Manhattan Grey which is darker and goes well with red leather.
Now - 2017 Audi S4 Black Edition

Then - M235i, M135i, 120d M Sport Coupe, Subaru Impreza, Toyota Celica T Sport 190, VW Golf GTi Mk4, Saxo VTR

oliver
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2689
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: A4 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro. Now with facelift retrofit.

Post by oliver » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:20 pm

Thanks for the info. Oh so 1200 miles isn't bad I can cope with that. A friend bought a TT recently and Audi just said leather it from brand new, not sure what I think about that lol

I really did thrash it in test drive. The car is effortlessly fast. The engine sound is excellent but also very discrete when you want to be quiet.

I was close just to buying a second hand B8 S4 but it worked out cheaper to buy new. Plus the B9 S4 is a completely different league of car now.

The handling was excellent in comparison to my car, I can only imagine how it will be with the Sports Differential!! It's the first time I've driven an Audi that actually feels pretty involving with a really tight turn-in.

I also looked at the Golf R and S3 but they are c**k cars now and I couldn't be arsed with 2 litre engine. Pretty much every car now is a 2 litre, it's nice to have something effortlessly quick.

I've already enquiried about the S4 remap from P Torque!! Will do it immediately more than likely.

Funny how the new RS4 has a smaller engine than the S4....it's almost pointless to have the RS4 now, the styling is too subtle for an RS too.

User avatar
rjwojcik
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2560
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:46 am
Location: Essex, UK

Re: A4 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro. Now with facelift retrofit.

Post by rjwojcik » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:32 pm

oliver wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:20 pm
Funny how the new RS4 has a smaller engine than the S4....it's almost pointless to have the RS4 now, the styling is too subtle for an RS too.
I thought they were both 3L turbos?
2016 M3 CP - Mineral Grey / Black - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=87243
Gone : 2009 135i - Le Mans Blue / Black -
viewtopic.php?t=30839
(Team Rob)

davidv111
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:58 pm
Location: Northampton

Re: A4 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro. Now with facelift retrofit.

Post by davidv111 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:54 pm

rjwojcik wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:32 pm
oliver wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:20 pm
Funny how the new RS4 has a smaller engine than the S4....it's almost pointless to have the RS4 now, the styling is too subtle for an RS too.
I thought they were both 3L turbos?
One is 3.0 and the other is 2.9
Now: Snapper Rocks Blue 440i Auto; Dynamic & M Sport + packs, digital dash & more

Previous:
Estoril LCI M135i Manual
Thunder grey 2013 MINI JCW GP
Slate grey Porsche Cayman 2.7
Sapphire black E82 120d M Sport

User avatar
rjwojcik
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2560
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:46 am
Location: Essex, UK

Re: A4 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro. Now with facelift retrofit.

Post by rjwojcik » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:04 pm

OK, I'll give you that:

S4 - 2995cc, 354 PS
RS4 - 2894 cc, 450 PS
2016 M3 CP - Mineral Grey / Black - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=87243
Gone : 2009 135i - Le Mans Blue / Black -
viewtopic.php?t=30839
(Team Rob)

Gary_LB
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1862
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Re: A4 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro. Now with facelift retrofit.

Post by Gary_LB » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:10 pm

oliver wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:20 pm
Thanks for the info. Oh so 1200 miles isn't bad I can cope with that. A friend bought a TT recently and Audi just said leather it from brand new, not sure what I think about that lol

I really did thrash it in test drive. The car is effortlessly fast. The engine sound is excellent but also very discrete when you want to be quiet.

I was close just to buying a second hand B8 S4 but it worked out cheaper to buy new. Plus the B9 S4 is a completely different league of car now.

The handling was excellent in comparison to my car, I can only imagine how it will be with the Sports Differential!! It's the first time I've driven an Audi that actually feels pretty involving with a really tight turn-in.

I also looked at the Golf R and S3 but they are c**k cars now and I couldn't be arsed with 2 litre engine. Pretty much every car now is a 2 litre, it's nice to have something effortlessly quick.

I've already enquiried about the S4 remap from P Torque!! Will do it immediately more than likely.

Funny how the new RS4 has a smaller engine than the S4....it's almost pointless to have the RS4 now, the styling is too subtle for an RS too.

I wouldn’t take notice of the salesman telling you to thrash it straight away I doubt he cares if you damage the engine prematurely and for the same of 1200 miles why take the risk. Just take time over the first few weeks enjoying the tech!

It sounds like you went through a similar thought process to me as I started looking at the S3 saloon but couldn’t get my head around the 2ltr engine. Not because it’s bad but more because there is limited time left to enjoy 3ltr engines si I want to make the most of it. The interior in the S4 is leagues ahead of the S3 so was an easy choice in the end

I would not have considered an Audi before but they have taken great strides forward with the B9 which is actually fun to drive and also excellent on longer journeys so the best of both worlds.
Now - 2017 Audi S4 Black Edition

Then - M235i, M135i, 120d M Sport Coupe, Subaru Impreza, Toyota Celica T Sport 190, VW Golf GTi Mk4, Saxo VTR

oliver
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2689
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: A4 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro. Now with facelift retrofit.

Post by oliver » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:41 pm

Yeah I won't thrash it straight away, I'll do what the manual says apart from the odd blip or two!

I agree Gary. Quote me otherwise but I believe the S4 is one of the best all round cars in the world! And you can chuck dogs in the back of the Avant too! Extremely fast and definitely very practical. It just goes like a train! The virtual cockpit is also very impressive.

It definitely handles MILES better than previous gen Audis. I had a 10 min test drive and signed the paperwork immediately. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what the sports differential is all about :)

With all the progress Audi has made with handling, I can only imagine just how refined the latest BMWs are.

My perfect two car garage would ideally be S4 Avant and BMW M3/911 Turbo

Post Reply

Return to “Other Cars”