2009 cayman bad move or?

Post your comments, thoughts, pictures etc of non BMW 1 Series cars here.....

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

rob123d
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: 2009 cayman bad move or?

Post by rob123d » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:33 pm

I currently have a rather nice (even if i do say so myself) 08 Cayman S. Its amazing. The speed which you can corner takes some getting used to, always feels flat and stable. They sound amazing, im getting 25mpg which i think is fine given the performance, fun and lack of turbo lag. The interior is very nice. Plenty about to go look at i'm sure but if you're any where near Essex you're welcome to come have a look/ go for a spin in mine.
Ive had a mapped 135I before (approx 380bhp) with m3 LCAs and ARBs and while the Cayman is down on power i think its a lot more fun to drive which given our busy roads is more important than straight line speed to me.

if you have any questions about the car id be happy to try and help.

Also the egine issues arent as common as on other Porsche models. IMS and RMS issues are very rare, bore scoring less uncommon but fairly easy to check pre purchase and not too hard to avoid.
Now: Gen 1 Cayman S
Gone: 135I DCT M Sport Coupe. AW, Red leather, 19" CSL reps, lots of options and a few mods.
Gone: LMB 123D Coupe

floydroid

Re: 2009 cayman bad move or?

Post by floydroid » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:50 pm

rob123d wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:33 pm
I've had a mapped 135I before (approx 380bhp) with m3 LCAs and ARBs and while the Cayman is down on power i think its a lot more fun to drive which given our busy roads is more important than straight line speed to me.
I've had a brutally fast Impreza but that's just no fun AT ALL on the road, but great on track. The Cayman was one possible answer to 'one car to do it all.' As long as I have enough grunt for overtakes then that'll do me. Cornering is where it's at.
Also the engine issues aren't as common as on other Porsche models. IMS and RMS issues are very rare, bore scoring less uncommon but fairly easy to check pre-purchase and not too hard to avoid.
Good to know!

Return to “Other Cars”