Baby BMW Forum banner

Using Adaptive M Sport Suspension

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  wessieman 
#1 ·
Am I right in thinking that setting the Adaptive Suspension driving mode as Chassis only means that you retain the flexibility of the different throttle mapping options via the central rocker switch?
Eg Chassis in Comfort but Sport throttle response still available on demand via rocker switch.

#2 ·
From your description, I think you might have it backwards, unless we're lost in translation somewhere. :redface:

On mine, if I set Sport to 'Chassis Only', when I select Sport the dampers and steering weight up - the drivetrain retains the Comfort throttle map.

#3 ·
Thanks Marco. I knew you'd know and be able to explain it better than I could draft the question in the first place!

Your example of setting "Sport" to chassis only, resulting in the dampers being firmer and steering heavier, but retaining the Comfort throttle map is exactly what I'm after.

I expend the majority of my annual mileage travelling cross country from East Suffolk to West Wales and back and whilst I find the standard passive suspension (on a 118D) fine for the crappy, badly maintained surfaces we find on our M ways and Dual Carriage ways today; would appreciate something a bit firmer for the roads west of Offa's ****, which are more drivers' roads with lots of curves and smoother surfaces as they don't get hammered by constant HGV traffic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.