Using Adaptive M Sport Suspension

Can't decide on what factory or dealer options to go with?
Not sure what a specific option does?
Post your thoughts in here

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

wessieman

Using Adaptive M Sport Suspension

Post by wessieman » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:27 pm

Am I right in thinking that setting the Adaptive Suspension driving mode as Chassis only means that you retain the flexibility of the different throttle mapping options via the central rocker switch?
Eg Chassis in Comfort but Sport throttle response still available on demand via rocker switch.
2017 F20 118D Mediterranean Blue ( Current)
2009 E87 118D Montego Blue (previous) - 68k trouble free miles

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Using Adaptive M Sport Suspension

Post by marco_polo » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:56 pm

From your description, I think you might have it backwards, unless we're lost in translation somewhere. :oops:

On mine, if I set Sport to 'Chassis Only', when I select Sport the dampers and steering weight up - the drivetrain retains the Comfort throttle map.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

wessieman

Re: Using Adaptive M Sport Suspension

Post by wessieman » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:20 pm

Thanks Marco. I knew you'd know and be able to explain it better than I could draft the question in the first place!

Your example of setting "Sport" to chassis only, resulting in the dampers being firmer and steering heavier, but retaining the Comfort throttle map is exactly what I'm after.

I expend the majority of my annual mileage travelling cross country from East Suffolk to West Wales and back and whilst I find the standard passive suspension (on a 118D) fine for the crappy, badly maintained surfaces we find on our M ways and Dual Carriage ways today; would appreciate something a bit firmer for the roads west of Offa's Dyke, which are more drivers' roads with lots of curves and smoother surfaces as they don't get hammered by constant HGV traffic
2017 F20 118D Mediterranean Blue ( Current)
2009 E87 118D Montego Blue (previous) - 68k trouble free miles

Return to “BMW OEM Options & Accessories”