Baby BMW Forum banner

MPE chrome tips for M135i

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  GBC80 
#1 ·
Hi everyone.
I have been offered a potential MPE with chrome ends for the M135i, less than 3 years of use...assume in good condition...but i would have to buy the connecting piece. Is this easily available and does anyone know approximate cost? And what is the usual value of these second hand? Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
marco_polo said:
Genuine 80mm sleeve connector is circa £60, iirc.

Usual second hand price without the connector is around £300-ish. Does depend on tip condition, etc.
Thanks a lot Marco. this will give me a good idea going forward. Assume i can buy the leave connector from Cotswolds or dealers?
Question is...is it worth it for the extra noise...i quite like the standard note...assume no real power gains?! Thanks

#4 ·
Yup, any dealer will be able to help, you might need to give them a couple of days notice though.

Or try to find an after-market 80mm on eBay, rare size though. Some people have managed to stretch a 3" clamp to fit (also rare).

The MPE sounds pretty similar to stock with the valve closed, and not significantly louder so won't ruin motorway journeys. Deeper note, and barks nicely when you boot it. :)

#6 ·
AddySY said:
It's £40 for the genuine BMW clamp from *************! :)
Thanks a lot for this...i was offered 325 for it...plus 40...plus fitting...part of me wants to let it go since i actually like the sound of the stock one a lot...but the devil in me thinks i should take it...haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.