Baby BMW Forum banner

Lowering springs with OEM adaptive?

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Blind Pugh 
#1 ·
Any experiences of lowering M135/140/235/240's on adaptive?

Thinking of speccing adaptive on a 240, but then i'd want to lower the car either with motech eibachs or the birds BMW springs so would that just defeat the object of the adaptive in the first place?

Alternatively if I didn't go for adaptive i'd probably upgrade the spring/shock combination a year or 2 into ownership to addres...

#6 ·
I had H&R then Birds B1S springs on my adaptive car.

Both superb.

Bear in mind that at the time (2013-2015) adaptive upgrades were non existent. Now, Bilstein b6 dampers only or B12 springs and dampers are available.

Believe Billy b12 adaptive may be offered by Motech - no doubt Mike at Motech can elaborate.

If I wanted to retain oem adaptive function and upgrade fixed suspension with firmer/lower stance, b12 adaptive comes in 2 flavours sport-line and pro-line.

#8 ·
#10 ·
baderlfc said:
Looks good mate, surprised at the stance on the birds ones.. thought I read they were only a 10mm drop?
My springs were an early version from Birds and I think they were lower - more like 15-20mm drop.

TBH - I only swapped out H&R's because the nose was too low with M4 LCA's only - nose came back up when added M4 TS's. If I'd fitted M4 LCAs and TSs together, I'd of kept H&R sport springs, they were superb [esp matched with H&R ARB's as part of the Birds B1s pack 2].

The joys of being an early adopter I suppose !!! :cool2:

If H&R sport springs too low then H&R do a -15mm drop for M235i but can be used on any of the mlites TBH. Superb springs IMHO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.