Baby BMW Forum banner

Clutch Problem

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  YouthAVFC 
#1 ·
On the weekend i drove up Manchester from the West Midlands, when I got there I went through the KFC drive thru and I started to smell a horrible potent smell. And then I noticed alot of smoke was pouring out of the bonnet. An on-screen message popped up on the screen and said something like clutch is at a high temperature but isn't damaged, please let it cool down before driving. It's been a few days since it happens and the smell is barely noticeable anymore. The clutch doesn't slip and feels fine, pre and post. I've only just purchased the car from AvailableCar 2 months ago so it's still got 1 month left on the warranty. Any ideas why this happened? It's not like I was using the clutch different to how I've used other cars. Is the clutch f*cked before I've purchased the car, is the car safe? Should AvailableCar change the clutch under warranty if it's severely damaged?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.