Baby BMW Forum banner

Slight variation on that age old lights question......

934 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  AndyM 
#1 ·
There have been lots of threads regarding upgrading non xenons to xenons to get the angel eyes and the result is always no you can't do it but if you can it will cost a fortune or not be road legal so I'm not going there again, however.....
I remember reading that the facelift 3 series woul have angel eyes without having to tick the xenons options box, and it reminded me when one followed me up the road today. It looked like the angel eye 'ring' is only on the inner side light and it didn't look as good as the xenon versions, but it looked better than mine.
Do you think it's possible to upgrade the 'bits' (technical I know) to achieve the same with the 1er, and what would be needed?

#2 ·
The issue you have is that the 3er that the light rings are part of the whole headlamp unit which will not fir the 1er unless you can take apart the exisitng unit and place the light rings inside after removing from an E90 LCI. May not be possible or too expensive.

Sure the next gen 1er will have light rings seeing as more car's are coming with daytime running lights eg Audi A3/A4.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.