BMW M3 Suspension Parts

Can't decide on what factory or dealer options to go with?
Not sure what a specific option does?
Post your thoughts in here

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

Nytern
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: BMW M3 Suspension Parts

Post by Nytern » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:58 pm

marco_polo: That sounds very interesting! Do you have an url for these inserts?

I'm gonna order a bunch of stuff tomorrow, will risk mounting the m3 ARB. Since Im lowering the car I have to get a 4 wheel alignment done anyways.. If I run some negative camber it should sort some of the understeer issues i hope!
2007 116i Zzz... A study in patience

-Bilstein B8 shocks-AC Schnitzer springs-EBC red/yellowstuff pads-225/40-18" Toyo R888's on 18x8.5" CSL rims-M3 ARB-Performance bumper-Weighted M gearknob-Performance kidneys/antenna-Mudflaps

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by marco_polo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:56 am

RJudgey ordered, picked up and fitted these inserts on my behalf! I believe he got them from Elite in Essex, although Larkspeed, etc can also get hold of them.

I went for 419 and 421. I had to trim the 421's a little to get them to fit :? . You have to order 2 bushes for each part number, so it's about £100. (Lord knows why they list them individually, who'd want to stiffen just one side of their car?!)

http://www.powerflex.co.uk/products/E81 ... 668/1.html
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Rjudgey

Post by Rjudgey » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:15 pm

You definately have to get M3 front LCA's and the tension arms or the powerflex bushes for the tension arms, combined with knocking out the camber pin and possibly elongating the slots in the strut towers you can get between -1.5-2 degrees negative camber and this increases front grip so much you won't know what hit you when you go round a tight twisty! Also another thing that does really help out some wider lower offset wheels that are nice and light!! I run Hartge 17" classic's with 225/45/17 on front and there is so much grip it's very easy to get the rear to start to let go first but it's very gentle and controlled though doesn't just snap!
As for the powerflex bushes go for them be just be aware if your a manual car they may not fit as from talking to them looks like they accidently moulded them after the auto bush they are making a new mould to fit the manual and if it doesn't fit they'll just send them out to you again. You shouldn't need an alignment afterwards hopefully if you do or just wait till you have another set of tyres and tracking done again. The front ones fit fine just for some reason BMW changed the design from 2005 onwards to two different types with early ones staying the same as later auto ones and manuals had a different one, but both shared the same bushes on the front of the frame.
120d Msport, Leather, HK 7 Sound, LED plate lights, Goodyear Assym 2, ECOTUNE I flash, 2.5" Downpipe & Exhaust, EGR gone, Modded air intake/box, HG intercooler, Eibach kit, Eibach ARB, powerflex bushes, M3 wishbones, M3 tension arms, BMWP brakes.

Japper
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Japper » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:28 pm

Just a heads up.

The front M3 arms set excluding fitting is now £490 inc. discount from Kev.............. :censored:

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:31 pm

Rjudgey wrote:You definately have to get M3 front LCA's and the tension arms or the powerflex bushes for the tension arms, combined with knocking out the camber pin and possibly elongating the slots in the strut towers you can get between -1.5-2 degrees negative camber and this increases front grip so much you won't know what hit you when you go round a tight twisty! Also another thing that does really help out some wider lower offset wheels that are nice and light!! I run Hartge 17" classic's with 225/45/17 on front and there is so much grip it's very easy to get the rear to start to let go first but it's very gentle and controlled though doesn't just snap!
As for the powerflex bushes go for them be just be aware if your a manual car they may not fit as from talking to them looks like they accidently moulded them after the auto bush they are making a new mould to fit the manual and if it doesn't fit they'll just send them out to you again. You shouldn't need an alignment afterwards hopefully if you do or just wait till you have another set of tyres and tracking done again. The front ones fit fine just for some reason BMW changed the design from 2005 onwards to two different types with early ones staying the same as later auto ones and manuals had a different one, but both shared the same bushes on the front of the frame.
Are they sending you (& me) another set of rear rears?
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Rjudgey

Post by Rjudgey » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:50 pm

Yes when they work out whats happened, it might be that yours if just the odd one with the wrong bushes on! mine might be fine and Glynn's we won't know till i pull my finger out and swap em! lol!
120d Msport, Leather, HK 7 Sound, LED plate lights, Goodyear Assym 2, ECOTUNE I flash, 2.5" Downpipe & Exhaust, EGR gone, Modded air intake/box, HG intercooler, Eibach kit, Eibach ARB, powerflex bushes, M3 wishbones, M3 tension arms, BMWP brakes.

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:13 pm

Have they suggested a time-frame?

Rjudgey

Post by Rjudgey » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:22 pm

Unfortunately not think they're waiting for me to try mine to see if they are the same as yours or not. They've looked into it though which is a good sign just a case of how long it takes em to make a mould once that bit is done shouldn't take long to do!

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:28 pm

My rear bushes should be part number 33316768645, if that helps you/them.

When are we going to try sticking your Inserts in then Rich? Are you going to chuck an ARB in there at the same time too? You know you want to. :D

Blingo
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Blingo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:49 pm

marco_polo wrote:I went for the E90 M3 Front ARB, and it fitted straight on my 2006 120d.
The 1M uses the M3 26.5mm front ARB and the 22.5 rear.

OE rear shocks are about £70 each and the M3 aluminium lower arms about £48 from memory. It shouldn't be long before Bilstein etc produce 1M product which means that we will have shocks which allow us to fit the M3 rear suspension complete.

Rjudgey

Post by Rjudgey » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:11 am

depends if the 1M uses the same adjustable dampers as the M3 hopefully not and we maybe as you say Blingo have some options using the M3 lower arms etc. I don't think those prices are that cheap though unfortunately, the stock steel arm is £48 so I'd imagine the stronger lighter Ally one would be a bit more.

Nytern
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Nytern » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:07 pm

Blingo wrote:
marco_polo wrote:I went for the E90 M3 Front ARB, and it fitted straight on my 2006 120d.
The 1M uses the M3 26.5mm front ARB and the 22.5 rear.

OE rear shocks are about £70 each and the M3 aluminium lower arms about £48 from memory. It shouldn't be long before Bilstein etc produce 1M product which means that we will have shocks which allow us to fit the M3 rear suspension complete.

Hey there!

You wouldnt happen to have the partnumber for the rear M3 ARB? Guess it would be best if I change both, not only the front one?

-Bilstein B8 shocks-AC Schnitzer springs-EBC red/yellowstuff pads-225/40-18" Toyo R888's on 18x8.5" CSL rims-M3 ARB-Performance bumper-Weighted M gearknob-Performance kidneys/antenna-Mudflaps

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:26 pm

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do ... g=33&fg=45 ?

I decided against an M3 rear personally, as I don't have a limited slip diff. If the bar is stiff, it could lift the inside rear wheel when cornering. That will mean wheel spin and associated loss of traction.

I've bought a 15mm rear ARB (+ bushes) from an E93 335i, as that's as far as I dare go. Haven't had it fitted yet (subframe off job), so can't comment if it's an improvement. (I've got a 14mm rear as standard.)

Nytern
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Nytern » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:45 pm

Thanks for yet another very informative post, marco_polo :)

Guess I'll go for the front one first and see if there is any need for a stiffer rear one. My 1'er is lowered with acs springs now, too bad I have to wait until Friday to get the alignment done. Want to test it now! :lol:

TheRuss

Post by TheRuss » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:25 pm

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but can anybody confirm/deny whether the two last items on the list on page 1 of this thread will fit an E82 135i?:

Rear guide rods
33322283547 (left)
33322283548 (right)

Rear upper links / wishbones
33322283545 (left)
33322283546 (right)

I presume so...
Gone!: '65 plate F21 M135i LCI fully loaded, plus Birds suspension (paired to adaptive dampers) and Quaife differential! :(

Return to “BMW OEM Options & Accessories”