Baby BMW Forum banner

best looking wheels for a 1er - please show me

37K views 85 replies 49 participants last post by  Wilko1 
#1 ·
hi all

can anyone tell me or show me the best looking wheels for the 1 series ?

#7 ·
Funk said:
I don't see the appeal. They just look like cheap, steel wheels from a distance. I've not ever seen a set of black rims on ANY car colour and thought, "Yeah, that looks good." I like some contrast; the darkest I'd go is gunmetal or anthracite.
I have to say I agree with this Funk; black always seems to look to me as if something is missing, if that makes sense? :)

#8 ·
#10 ·
For some reason the 1 series seems sensitive to the style of alloy wheels that make it look either good or not.

Definitely steer clear of aftermarket alloys except for Hartge, Schnitzers or BBS. The ones above 217Ms look really good as do 208Ms, but generally stick with genuine BMW alloys.

#11 ·
tminal said:

lush......... :D
I have these coming on my new 1er in the next couple of weeks. Lovely wheels!

#14 ·
midlifecrisis said:
Funk said:
I don't see the appeal. They just look like cheap, steel wheels from a distance. I've not ever seen a set of black rims on ANY car colour and thought, "Yeah, that looks good." I like some contrast; the darkest I'd go is gunmetal or anthracite.
I have to say I agree with this Funk; black always seems to look to me as if something is missing, if that makes sense? :)
hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting pic to me............. as i think that looks like a japan red like mine and in my naughtier moments i hanker after black wheels but................ seeing them............ maybe not......... no offence like! :)

#15 ·
Has to be OEM or OEM replica. My favourites are 208M, 216, CSL, VMR and M6. My favourite non-OEM look wheels at the moment are OZ Ultraleggeras in black.

#16 ·
savvy said:
Really? I think they look dreadfull, I think you should buy some others and sell them to me :D just kidding of course :(

#17 ·
tminal said:
savvy said:
Really? I think they look dreadfull, I think you should buy some others and sell them to me :D just kidding of course :(
Had me worried for a moment then :D

I've not seen another 1 series on the road with these wheels... they make look the 1 series look a very smart car indeed (not that it isn't of course).

And coupled with the M Sport Suspension, it should look quite nice!

#18 ·
savvy said:

I've not seen another 1 series on the road with these wheels... they make look the 1 series look a very smart car indeed (not that it isn't of course).

:D

I have not seen one either and might treat myself :idea:

#19 ·
tminal said:
savvy said:

:D

I have not seen one either and might treat myself :idea:
Are these available 2nd hand at all? I would hate to think how much BMW would charge for them as an after thought! I think they were a 750 pound option from the factory?

#20 ·
The are £2K new from a dealer with tyres :( and never see any for sale :rollseyes:

#23 ·
stefan said:
Don't recall the 208m's being a £750 option, thought it was more like £550, but I could be wrong. Just wasn't a question for me though as it transforms the look of the 1er into something more aggressive IMO
I was talking about the 217 wheels... I think they were 750.

Actually just checked my invoice. 795!

#24 ·
savvy said:
tminal said:

lush......... :D
I really like those rims too! You have to show us some pictures of them on your car.

I think those rims look larger than most of the other 18s. Which I think is a nice thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.