Baby BMW Forum banner

Servotronic steering

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  sparkie1984 
#1 ·
Good evening Guys,

I was after a little help. I'm currently trying to hunt down a used 1 Series, but I have some questions regarding what comes as standard and what doesn't. I'll explain.

The car I am looking at is either a 118d or 120d Sport. Now, I know that the Sport models come with more as standard than the base models but can anybody tell me exactly what is included? Primarily, I want to know whether servotronic steering would come as standard on a 13-14 plate? Also, do the Sports come with run flat tires, digital radio, cruise control as standard?!

I would appreciate any input on this!

Regards,

Neil

#2 ·
NeilR1090 said:
Primarily, I want to know whether servotronic steering would come as standard on a 13-14 plate? Also, do the Sports come with run flat tires, digital radio, cruise control as standard?!
Servotronic steering wasn't standard on any E82 1 Series car, was extra cost option only, and very rarely specced as a result. You'll find very few cars with it.
As for the nwere F2* series cars I don't know, your mention of 13-14 plate puts which car you are looking at right in the cross-over zone, so are you looking at E series or F series?

Yes, run-flats are standard, and as will be DAB from 2012 onwards IIRC.

Cruise was usually only an extra option as well, but it might have been included on the last Sport Edition cars maybe....?

#4 ·
I believe run flats are the standard tyre aren't they?

If you have the idrive screen in the F series then yes you'll have DAB

My car has servotronic and I believe it was an optional extra along with the cruise control. Don't really notice a great deal of difference with the steering anyway!

A bog standard 1 series is actually pretty poorly specced IMO

#5 ·
I have a 118d sport edition and it has run flats plus the servotronic.

I'll need to download the cars spec sheet from a vin decoder as I'm not sure what was an extra and what was actually std, although I have a brochure etc/price list understanding the options is proving a little difficult for me!

#6 ·
I believe the servitronic was extra, the run flats are standard.

If you have anything like folding mirrors, sat nav (depending on reg) electric seats, auto lights, heated seats, xenon or LEDights they'll all be extras.

#7 ·
good to know, I'll need to dig the info out but mine has folding mirrors, xenon, auto lights and LED's etc, no sat nav though.

But the steering, I know a few don't like it but it feels OK to me, in fact its all not far off being similar to my e46 when I'm using it,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.